Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787367 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6610 on: 18 May 2017, 20:21 »
Washed it, and I'm now washing the mitt and drying towels. Not together btw before Booth11 sees this and has a......

I really wish we had a 'the finger' emoji on the smiley menu on this forum, but in absence of that.....  :rolleyes:

My wife has just had a look at the washing machine and asked if I had not rinsed the mitt out first  :embarrassed:

I've never seen so many suds.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6611 on: 18 May 2017, 20:24 »
Washed it, and I'm now washing the mitt and drying towels. Not together btw before Booth11 sees this and has a......

I really wish we had a 'the finger' emoji on the smiley menu on this forum, but in absence of that.....  :rolleyes:

My wife has just had a look at the washing machine and asked if I had not rinsed the mitt out first  :embarrassed:

Lol. What kind of mitt is it?  Microfibre, lambswool?  Hope not the latter.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6612 on: 18 May 2017, 20:25 »

Nice one Becky that made me laugh alot lol  :grin:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6613 on: 18 May 2017, 20:29 »

Nice one Becky that made me laugh alot lol  :grin:

It's a good thing there isn't one as I think I'd be banned by now for over use of an inappropriate emoji.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6614 on: 18 May 2017, 20:33 »

This one http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/wash-mitts-sponges/premium-lambskin-wash-mitt/prod_984.html

Now I'm afraid to ask why :cry:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6615 on: 18 May 2017, 20:44 »

This one http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/wash-mitts-sponges/premium-lambskin-wash-mitt/prod_984.html

Lol, don't be afraid.  Well actually....it's only that it's better to hand wash/rinse lambswool mitts, prolongs their life significantly.  I thought I'd cheat a couple years back, I'd always handwashed but then I started sticking one of mine in the machine on a 30° hand wash cycle, came out really well, was impressed, did that for a few weeks then noticed it was getting smaller (shrinking) and it just disintegrated one day.  Have handwashed washed ever since and lifespan is greatly increased with hand wash method.  Best to treat them as you would a favourite cashmere jumper imo.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6616 on: 18 May 2017, 20:56 »

Lol, don't be afraid.  Well actually....it's only that it's better to hand wash/rinse lambswool mitts, prolongs their life significantly.  I thought I'd cheat a couple years back, I'd always handwashed but then I started sticking one of mine in the machine on a 30° hand wash cycle, came out really well, was impressed, did that for a few weeks then noticed it was getting smaller (shrinking) and it just disintegrated one day.  Have handwashed washed ever since and lifespan is greatly increased with hand wash method.  Best to treat them as you would a favourite cashmere jumper imo.

That's okay then, hand wash from now on although it does look really fluffy now :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6617 on: 18 May 2017, 21:12 »

That's okay then, hand wash from now on although it does look really fluffy now :whistle:

I know, they come out lovely from the machine, and maybe not a big deal if you don't mind replacing them more often, but if you want reasonable life out if it - gentle hand wash, rinse, squeeze out, quick shake, reshape, air dry and a quick brush with a pet /child's brush if needed equals longer life.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6618 on: 18 May 2017, 21:18 »

I know, they come out lovely from the machine, and maybe not a big deal if you don't mind replacing them more often, but if you want reasonable life out if it - gentle hand wash, rinse, squeeze out, quick shake, reshape, air dry and a quick brush with a pet /child's brush if needed equals longer life.

I was actually thinking how good it might look after a spin in the tumble dryer  :grin:

When you wash it by hand what do you use, just water?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6619 on: 18 May 2017, 21:24 »

I was actually thinking how good it might look after a spin in the tumble dryer  :grin:

When you wash it by hand what do you use, just water?

Haha, if you want a child's woollen mitten, go for it.  :grin:

Yes, I just use water, as there's usually enough residual shampoo in it, as your wife has just discovered, lol. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual