Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787241 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4330 on: 28 April 2016, 22:35 »
All the effort you put into your pride and joy, undone by a thoughtless arsehole :angry:
People can be such utter pricks!!
If anyone can sort it, it's you Rebecca :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4331 on: 28 April 2016, 22:42 »
Really sorry to see that, fingers crossed you can polish it out.  :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4332 on: 28 April 2016, 23:02 »
Christ you've no luck at all Rebecca. It seems the more care someone takes of their car the more likely it is that some absolute tit does that to it.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4333 on: 28 April 2016, 23:23 »
Really sorry to see that, fingers crossed you can polish it out.  :smiley:

All the effort you put into your pride and joy, undone by a thoughtless arsehole :angry:
People can be such utter pricks!!
If anyone can sort it, it's you Rebecca :smiley:

Christ you've no luck at all Rebecca. It seems the more care someone takes of their car the more likely it is that some absolute tit does that to it.

I hate people.  :grin:  Not all people just the f**kwits (excuse language) that blithely drive around bumping into other people's cars, dinging doors, without a second thought.  There is CCTV in works car park so I'll be asking for that to be looked at and if I find out who did it, I will track them down and.......unless it's my boss.  :wink:

Works car park is not secure and even though you are supposed to have a permit, other people can chance it and park there and I've noticed a lot of unknown cars in there lately.  A couple weeks ago there were 2 strange men stood in front of my car and they muttered something about it as I approached but I couldn't make out what they said. I took their reg number just in case. I will be raising this matter with our Facilities Manager and the parking enforcement team.

I'm hoping it will polish out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4334 on: 29 April 2016, 03:18 »
What a Pi***r  :angry:
Hope you can sort it relatively easily  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #4335 on: 29 April 2016, 07:40 »
This year does not seem lucky for cars. My brother, dad and I have all had car parking dents to ours doors. I was already thinking is this a good year to swap my car, but seeing your pride and joy not having any luck makes me think. Must be gutting Rebecca to have 2 in a short space of time on a car that is looked after so well.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #4336 on: 29 April 2016, 11:20 »
Another, what someone else has done to my car.  :cry:

Chipped and dented before and now scratched and scraped.

Found this on my rear offside bumper this evening.  Almost certain this has happened in the works car park today - looks like some t**t has scraped it reversing out of the space. Row I park in is normally half empty but of late it's been packed with cars close to one another.  Car park has CCTV so I'll be asking for that to be checked.

Fortunately not dented and borderline for catching on the nail, it should polish out with the DA, but still, right on the crease, again!!!  What is wrong with people!  :angry: 

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry to see this Rebecca! Got my fingers crossed for you that it'll polish out fine!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4337 on: 29 April 2016, 11:47 »
Well I've got mine back from the garage this morning, an excellent job. I probably won't look to try and find differences under various light sources as I can't do much about it now!

Before:

And after:

Booth, I felt a bit awkward posting this after your recent bad luck but hopefully this will help spur you on to get your repairs done? It was expensive and I wish I'd gone to work by bus that day but bar paying off my flexible friend, all sorted.

One for the sake of it, on a nice day out  :smiley:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4338 on: 29 April 2016, 12:16 »
Well I've got mine back from the garage this morning, an excellent job. I probably won't look to try and find differences under various light sources as I can't do much about it now!

Before:

And after:

Booth, I felt a bit awkward posting this after your recent bad luck but hopefully this will help spur you on to get your repairs done? It was expensive and I wish I'd gone to work by bus that day but bar paying off my flexible friend, all sorted.

One for the sake of it, on a nice day out  :smiley:

I see a huge difference in the paint on your car......

Sorry but someone had to. It looks spot on to me.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4339 on: 29 April 2016, 12:24 »
Cheers! My faith in the garage remains intact after this..
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.