Author Topic: rear speakers MKII, please help!  (Read 1781 times)

Offline jamonyorke

• Just got here
rear speakers MKII, please help!
« on: 27 November 2003, 22:25 »
Hi!

Greetings from Spain, this is my first post.

Well, I'm the proud owner of a MKII, and I would like to improve the sound, I hope you can help me.

At this moment I have got a cheap pioneer 1500 deck (had to be cheap...I got the deck stolen in my own garage last week and I can't risk anymore)

2 of the channels of this deck are connected to 2 tweeters in the dashes and 2 pioneer 3 way speakers in the doors (all mounted in standard holes). I have got the other 2 channels free, which I plan on connecting to 2 rear speakers.

The sound I get now is kinda harsh...much trebble, and the bass is not good enough...it distorts when the volume gets a bit high.

So, which rear speakers would you recommend me that would fit in the standard holes? I need as good a bass response as possible to compensate the harsh sound coming from the front, but need to keep them unnoticeable, thus the need for standard mounting.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 28 November 2003, 13:33 by jamonyorke »

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re:rear speakers MKII, please help!
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2003, 23:45 »
you're gonna be hard pushed to get a decent bass responce. the standard speakers are 4x6 and although kenwood make a replacement for that size I wouldn't bother. Best bet is to get a sub in your boot and upgrade the front speakers to a decent set of 5 1/4 comps in the front doors. Leave the standard ones in the back.

10" if you listen to hard pumping music, 15" if you're a R'n'B man or 12" if you're anything else. :)
Mk4 Golf 150PD