Author Topic: rear speakers Mk 3 golf  (Read 4275 times)

Blue MK2

Re:rear speakers Mk 3 golf
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2003, 11:38 »
Dynamat is too expensive. There is identical material at your local garden centre that comes in large rolls and is cheaper.

Someone in this forum should know the name of it.  :)

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2003, 12:04 »
pics are up! :)
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline Bodhi

• GTI forum regular
  • Please make those nasty VR6 owners go away....
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2003, 23:49 »
Nice motor Overseer :D

Anyway, this Dynamat stuff. Sounds good, and a lot cheaper than mucking around with filters and subs etc, but where do I fit it? In the door bins or round the speakers themselves?
1997 Tornado Red GTi 8v - The Fastest HotBox on Fife's roads.

Modifications -

1 x Kenwood KDC-7024M
1 x Dull Aluminium Golf Ball Gearknob. Clearly worth about 10bhp on its own.

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #13 on: 26 November 2003, 09:29 »
Dynamatt is an anti vibration product that is available as a self adhesive mat or a spray product (for those hard-to-reach areas!) that you apply to the panels, not the speakers.

It works by drastically reducing resonance of body panels and trim (whatever you apply it to). Using this product can also insulate the inside of the car from external noise. As with many things, the more you use, the better the result.

Our fellow forum members are quite right in suggesting that there are other (and far cheaper) brands available. Everyone refers to it as dynamatt as it was the first heavily marketed product, but look around and you'll find essentially the same stuff for half the price.

Whilst you're doing it, you may want to stick some in the front doors and some on the boot floor. You'll be surprised how much difference a few rolls of this stuff makes!
« Last Edit: 26 November 2003, 09:29 by S11EPS »

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel