Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653232 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2430 on: 09 March 2015, 13:16 »
Pulled away and instantly remembered why I bought it, that engine noise  :whistle:

What engine noise?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2431 on: 10 March 2015, 19:17 »
Pulled away and instantly remembered why I bought it, that engine noise  :whistle:

What engine noise?

Well more exhaust note then haha

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2432 on: 12 March 2015, 16:39 »
got it back RATTLE free  :cool: so even treated it to a quick clean  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :lipsrsealed:

« Last Edit: 12 March 2015, 16:58 by Chuff »

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2433 on: 12 March 2015, 18:40 »
Had the air con serviced and recharged for a bargain £19, ready for summer.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2434 on: 12 March 2015, 22:11 »
Washed and "detailed" mine today. The leather got a clean and then fed. Hoovered out the inside. Stuck the sponge between the spokes on the golf r replicas even had the sponge through to the backside of the alloy...only did half of one, just like too much hard work!
where the rear screen even meets the hatch had a cloth in the little gap. Algae had taken hold at the top of the hatch hinges  :smiley:
This is because it goes to get a full set of brakes and a fluid change tomorrow. I'll get the air con top up when the service and MOT's due.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2435 on: 13 March 2015, 19:38 »
been up to "juicy detailing" in durham (north east england) to get some of the following :

1) dodo juice purple haze soft wax
2) dodo juice lime prime polish
3) bilt hamber clay
4) a dc electric polisher
5) reload carpro silica spray
6) top up of some snow foam

might do so before and after shots. nothing getting done today as weather is pits! hopefulyl tomorrow a dry warm day (no wind) may see these all in use!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would also say the guys up at the unit "juicy detailing" are great. more than enough time for you to explain all sorts!
You were in my neck of the woods. Im only about a mile away from Andrews place.

Today i booked mine in for an MOT. I took the day off to detail it but the weather decided it was still winter time and snowed!
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2436 on: 13 March 2015, 20:45 »
Fitted my red footwell lights after getting the option enabled on the MFD  :cool:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2437 on: 13 March 2015, 22:14 »
Fitted my red footwell lights after getting the option enabled on the MFD  :cool:

Hey, you finally got your red footwells, hope you like them  :smiley:

Get anything else enabled with vcds?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2438 on: 14 March 2015, 12:39 »
Took me a while but finally fitted them! I installed LED's at first but you can't adjust the brightness so swapped them for standard red lamps!

Had a few little things done with VCDS, alarm chirp, bluetooth, footwell lights, large speedo display and tear drop rear washer
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2439 on: 14 March 2015, 13:33 »
Took me a while but finally fitted them! I installed LED's at first but you can't adjust the brightness so swapped them for standard red lamps!

Had a few little things done with VCDS, alarm chirp, bluetooth, footwell lights, large speedo display and tear drop rear washer

That's weird, the brightness adjustment on mine works with LEDs.  Don't suppose it matters as red tinted bulbs give same end result anyway.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11