Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789283 times)

Offline series1glenn

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #650 on: 13 January 2015, 17:49 »
I would imagine navigation

wont let me access navigation ? says no response from controller

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #651 on: 14 January 2015, 11:09 »
I would imagine navigation

wont let me access navigation ? says no response from controller

Navigation isn't used in the mk7. It's called information electrics. I think the address is 5F
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline series1glenn

• Just got here
« Reply #652 on: 14 January 2015, 15:34 »
Hi guys, sorry to mither you again !! i have been and purchased a second hand infotainment unit part number 5G0035020D from a VW breakers yard, i have plugged it into my car (glovebox) and the unit works other than it says component protection on the screen and i have no volume !! the sat-nav maps load and i can work everything through the screen as before but no volume and component protection on screen !! any help advise ?? i am going to post this on the forum as well to see..
thank you again

glenn

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #653 on: 14 January 2015, 15:48 »
You need the dealer to remove the component protection....If they will!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #654 on: 14 January 2015, 16:07 »
Have a look at this thread about slapping in post-purchase Nav Pro:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=265764.0

Just to save you the excitement.... I don't think anyone ever got it to work!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline series1glenn

• Just got here
« Reply #655 on: 16 January 2015, 12:22 »
hi guys,

Good news and bad news !!
had the component protection removed and now have volume !!
everything else works as it should, all FM channels and all in english including voice control...

the only thing not working is the nav ? dont even get a compass in my clocks now !
when i press nav it just says "the navigation data in the infotainment system are not valid, please check data" ??? any suggestions please ?

also had the seatbelt faults cleared

the other thing is when i start the system it says GTD on the screen and not GTI (as the infotainment system came from a gtd) ??

youve been a great great help

glenn

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #656 on: 16 January 2015, 13:19 »
Sorry, Can't help with the Navigation issues, but the second query is quite simple. You need access to VCDS, and you can change the startup screen as follows:

1. Select STG 5F (infotainment)
   2. STG Long Coding -> Function 07
   3. Byte 18
   4. Adjust value corresponding

Values for adjustment are (for step 4 above)
    02 = GTD (only 1 bit activate)
    03 = GTI (bits 0 and 1 activate)
    06 = R Line (bits 1 and 2 enable)

« Last Edit: 16 January 2015, 13:22 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #657 on: 16 January 2015, 18:04 »
It would seem if you go to the http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&Page=VW_Europe_Pro_MIB1

is different download than http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&Page=VW_Europe_Media_MIB1

So the nav data is different which might be why it is moaning, I wonder if it can be updated to the Discover Pro repository? Did you have a Nav before hand?

Who removed the component protection in the end? vw?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #658 on: 16 January 2015, 20:34 »
Isn't the first link the download for the Nav Pro and the second for the standard Navigation ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #659 on: 16 January 2015, 21:11 »
As I understand it, the Nav is tied to the chassis number of the car and has to be authorised by VW. If what I've read elsewhere is true VW refuse to authorise any retrofits. It'll be a case of waiting for it to be cracked or finding a usable workaround - not the "lose the fuel gauge" one  :grin: