Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787610 times)

Offline Mike_GTD

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #1000 on: 12 April 2016, 02:50 »
New to this guys, hopefully one of you can help. 

Whilst setting my Fog lights to come on with my Flash, and High Beam my Cornering, and Dynamic lighting are no longer working, but I have no errors, and the in car settings show them to be on.  Assume i've changed a setting without paying attention, amateur!  Any help?

Car is a 2013 GTD, std Xenons, no Auto High Beam, no Lane Assist.

Cheers!

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1001 on: 12 April 2016, 04:41 »
    New to this guys, hopefully one of you can help. 

Whilst setting my Fog lights to come on with my Flash, and High Beam my Cornering, and Dynamic lighting are no longer working, but I have no errors, and the in car settings show them to be on.  Assume i've changed a setting without paying attention, amateur!  Any help?

Car is a 2013 GTD, std Xenons, no Auto High Beam, no Lane Assist.

Cheers!

Mike: Hi. Not really sure about what has happened (lots of possibilities), but a couple of things to check to steer your fault-finding in the correct direction:
    • Is the range controller on the Xenons working OK (it may need to be re-calibrated)? - This can be checked by looking for any DTCs on the control module at address Hex55
    • Have you inadvertently altered an unintended adaptation channel whilst implementing the tweak? The way to check this is to look at the Codinglog.txt file that lives in the subdirectory Ross Tech/Debug on the laptop that you used to make the change. Locate and then open the file with a text reader (Notepad?) and look at the records for changes that you asked to be made
    Then get back to us and let us know what you have found!
    Don[/list]
    « Last Edit: 12 April 2016, 04:47 by dv52 »
    103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline ghost_rider

• Not said much yet
    • MK7 GTI Performance Pack :)
    « Reply #1002 on: 18 April 2016, 14:38 »
    Hi guys
    I haven't been on this forum for a while but I'm gonna be frequently here  :smiley:
    Well impressed with that thread guys. Took me 3 days to read ALL of this pages and made myself *pdf file with all of the mods from here. Picking up my GTI tomorrow so will defo try most of it.

Thanks
    CODINGS * ADAPTATIONS *CLOCKS SWAPS up to 2014 * CRUISE CONTROL SUPPLY AND FIT

Offline Mike_GTD

• Just got here
    « Reply #1003 on: 19 April 2016, 01:58 »
      Cheers for the reply Don, finally got some time to look at it again.  I think it was down to how I was retesting the Xenon Range controller module after the modification.  I've sorted that now and everything seems to be working. 

The Foglight mod hadn't worked either.  All I could get is the Fog's permanently on which could have taken some explaining, so i've used the log file you pointed out to switch that back.  Thanks for the info!

Mike

[/quote]

Mike: Hi. Not really sure about what has happened (lots of possibilities), but a couple of things to check to steer your fault-finding in the correct direction:
      • Is the range controller on the Xenons working OK (it may need to be re-calibrated)? - This can be checked by looking for any DTCs on the control module at address Hex55
      • Have you inadvertently altered an unintended adaptation channel whilst implementing the tweak? The way to check this is to look at the Codinglog.txt file that lives in the subdirectory Ross Tech/Debug on the laptop that you used to make the change. Locate and then open the file with a text reader (Notepad?) and look at the records for changes that you asked to be made
      Then get back to us and let us know what you have found!
      Don
    [/quote]

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
    « Reply #1004 on: 17 May 2016, 08:33 »
    Hi all. Got my second Golf GTD on Saturday to replace my previous 2013 MK7 GTD Pure white model (the new one is Carbon Steel Grey).

Just gone to replicate some of the VCDS mods I did on my previous car and one of them was the alarm chirp on locking / unlocking, which I like as it's quite subtle but just gives you that assurance that's it locked etc, however I can't find the adaptation channels on the new car.

Previously on the older car I followed these instructions and it worked perfectly. Anyone know where they are on the new car or has that function been removed completely ?

chirping of Alarm on lock and unlock

The following code is to be applied:
    2. select STG 09 (vehicle power)
    3. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
    4. Enter unlock code 31347
    5. STG adjustment -> function 10
    6. Select Unlock (1) feedback signals-Acoustic feedback
    7. adjust value to yes
    8. Select (2) lock feedback signals-Acoustic feedback
    9. adjust value to yes
    10. ( -Rückmeldungssignale-Acoustic feedback globally
    11. Importance to actively adjust If desired, the DWA can in the menu control acknowledgment be independently enabled and disabled via the corresponding menu item:
    12. (7) -Rückmeldungssignale-menu control acoustic feedback
    13. Importance to actively adjust If desired, the duration of the acoustic feedback can be shortened:
    14. (3) -Rückmeldungssignale-time of acoustic feedback from the single horn
    15. Adjust Value briefly
    2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
    • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
    « Reply #1005 on: 17 May 2016, 16:35 »
    Maybe slight change in labelling, look out for:

(1)-Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegeln   active
    (2)-Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln   active
    (3)-Acknowledgement signals-Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn   normal
    (4)-Acknowledgement signals-Optical feedback during locking   Decelerate
    (5)-Acknowledgement signals-Optische Rueckmeldung Komfortschliessen   active
    (6)-Acknowledgement signals-Optische Rueckmeldung 3.Bremsleuchte   not active
    (7)-Acknowledgement signals-Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung   active
    (8)-Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung global   not active
    (9)-Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn   not active
    (10)-Acknowledgement signals-Quittierton bei zweitem ZV-AUF-Befehl   not active
    (11)-Acknowledgement signals-Quittierton bei zweitem ZV-ZU-Befehl   not active
    2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
    « Reply #1006 on: 18 May 2016, 08:40 »
    Cheers bud, I'll give that a go later.
    2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
    « Reply #1007 on: 20 May 2016, 11:55 »
    Sorry another quick question. Does anyone know what the coding was to dim the DRL's when indicating. It used to be on the Greg-Roberts VCDS site, but that's no longer running ?

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
    • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
    « Reply #1008 on: 20 May 2016, 12:56 »
    For LED DRLs you need to change a few things.... by default in daytime running mode they are on 100% and will dim no problem.
    As sidelights they are at minimum dim level of 26% and cannot be dimmed further (otherwise you get error on dash).

Hence I changed the dim value for sidelights up a little (to 75% as 100% is too bright at night and you will dazzle others).
    I also made a change so that it goes up to 100% when I flash full beam.

You don't need to but then it will only dim if you indicate when they are in DRL mode (i.e. won't if you're on parking lights, dipped or full beam).

(1)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lasttyp 2   4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal       
    (2)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lampendefektbitposition 2   48      
    (3)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2   4A        
    (4)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion A 2   Daytime running lights       
    (5)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion B 2   Lichthupe generell       
    (6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2   100      
    (7)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 2   Always       
    (8)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2   Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht    Positionslicht    Begrenzungslicht)
    (9)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2   not active       
    (10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2   75      
    (11)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction CD 2   maximize       
    (12)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2   Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)       
    (13)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion F 2   not active       
    (14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2   26      
    (15)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction EF 2   maximize       
    (16)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2   Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)       
    (17)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion H 2   not active       
    (18)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2   26      
    (19)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2   minimize    

(1)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lasttyp 3   4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal       
    (2)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lampendefektbitposition 3   4C        
    (3)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 3   4C        
    (4)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion A 3   Daytime running lights       
    (5)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion B 3   Lichthupe generell       
    (6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3   100      
    (7)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 3   Always       
    (8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3   Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht    Positionslicht    Begrenzungslicht)
    (9)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion D 3   not active       
    (10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3   75      
    (11)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction CD 3   maximize       
    (12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion E 3   Parking light right       
    (13)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion F 3   not active       
    (14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3   26      
    (15)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction EF 3   maximize       
    (16)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3   Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)       
    (17)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion H 3   not active       
    (18)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3   26      
    (19)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3   minimize    

Bold text is for dimming when indicating, underlined is 100% of flash and 75% for sidelights but think parking light is originally on function D, not E but I moved it to be able to have 75% for sidelights and retain 26% for parking light.
    « Last Edit: 20 May 2016, 13:16 by itavaltalainen »
    2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
    « Reply #1009 on: 02 June 2016, 13:43 »
    HI guys, I noticed over on the Briskskoda forum, that member Gizmo68, has posted a series of VCDS mods that are known to work on the MIB II on the Skoda Superb. One that caught my eye was:

Customize colour of ambient lighting

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
    16 - Security Access - enter 31347
    10 - Adaptations

To change the 1st colour (warm white):

(31)-Int. light; 2nd generation-Rotwert Farbe 1 (currently160)

(32)-Int. light; 2nd generation-Gruenwert Farbe 1 (currently 167)

(33)-Int. light; 2nd generation-Blauwert Farbe 1 (currently 18)

(To change the green or blue then do the same but for ‘Farbe 2 & 3)

The colours can be varied from 0 to 255, the defaults are (Red / Green / Blue):

1st colour (warm white): 160 / 167 / 18
    2nd colour (green): 58 / 245 / 4
    3rd colour (Blue): 20 / 170 / 254

For red you need to change to: 255 / 0 / 0

My mate has my VCDS cable at the moment so I can't check it out for myself, but have VW started to fit multicolour LED's across all their models to save having individual parts say for the GTD (white) GTI (Red) and R (Blue) ?

Is this something we can change on >2015 cars or do we still just have single colour LED's ?