Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787621 times)

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #360 on: 24 January 2014, 17:07 »
Yep mine to. Think the CH is coded to only work with the outer light clusters. It's probably another one of the hundred or so light settings in the Central electronics module adaptation channels.

I'll let you find that one  :grin:

Well, after Michael identified which light number was the inside LEDs at the back, I had a quick look in my master spreadsheet of the entire central electrics channel list and found what I thought to be the answer, coding balls up on VWs side? Who knows. Either way, got home around 10 minutes ago, tried my theory out, and works a treat  :grin:

Only one little change required to stop the middle LEDs going out when you lock the car in CH mode:

Usual central electrics access stuff, then change adaptation channel:

Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 from not active to Parklicht rechts

:nerd:
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #361 on: 24 January 2014, 17:17 »
Has maybe someone tried this out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qxbvecchtk9td4/Modify%20settings.docx

Please tell me if this is working. We didnt tested yet. :wink:

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #362 on: 24 January 2014, 17:17 »
Awesome work Jive!
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #363 on: 24 January 2014, 17:28 »
Has maybe someone tried this out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qxbvecchtk9td4/Modify%20settings.docx

Funny you mention that, I saw that at lunch time today whilst having a browse through the modules and thought it looked interesting...there's probably some other start/ stop conditions you could tweak too, such as battery level maybe?

Worth a try though, although I like the start/ stop, I'll leave it to someone else to try!  :grin:
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #364 on: 24 January 2014, 17:29 »
Awesome work Jive!

:cool: I won't lie, I'm pretty chuffed it actually worked..just surprised VW only assigned one light config for it, where they've done individual left and right for the main cluster of brake lights.

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #365 on: 24 January 2014, 17:51 »
I am pretty sure being able to disable stop-start would be very useful for a lot of owners.  Seems to have a mixed response about the feature from many drivers.
Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #366 on: 24 January 2014, 17:52 »
can't you disable stop start in the menu in the car? (Or the button by the gearstick? - can't remember which!)
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #367 on: 24 January 2014, 17:59 »
can't you disable stop start in the menu in the car? (Or the button by the gearstick? - can't remember which!)

You can, but it's enabled again once you turn off/ on the ignition.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #368 on: 24 January 2014, 18:06 »

Would be interesting to see what the stop start status on the infotainment screen says..

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #369 on: 24 January 2014, 20:57 »

Would be interesting to see what the stop start status on the infotainment screen says..

Okay, so thought I'd try the start stop mod and it appears to have worked. It refused to activate throughout my half hour round trip. When I checked the status display, the below was there:

Can't see why that message would come up, I turned everything off but wouldn't clear. Guess it's the mod.

Your mileage may vary, but I've taken it off as I'd prefer to keep it active. I worked after I put it back.