Author Topic: Does anybody have a chip from www.dieseltuner.co.uk?  (Read 1442 times)

smiiithy

Does anybody have a chip from www.dieseltuner.co.uk?
« on: 11 December 2009, 12:49 »
I see that R-Tech are very popular and seem to have very good reports with regard to remapping. Prices seem entirely reasonable.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever used a chip from www.dieseltuner.co.uk? If so what was it on and how did it perform?

I had one on my Clio 1.5 dCi 65 and was very happy with it but that could be an entirely different ball park from the Mk 4 Golf GT TDi 150 I'm looking for at the moment.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Does anybody have a chip from www.dieseltuner.co.uk?
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2009, 12:15 »
They're fine but nothing compared to a remap. Some tuning boxes are better than others - TUNIT for example has 9 variable power settings and can also be custom tuned on a dyno bringing it closer to remap like gains but you'll still be missing 10-ish bhp and 20-ish lbft of torque in comparison to tuning the ECU.

The good thing about them is they are obviously easily removed by a DIY'er and are interchangeable between cars (most models) and if that is your concern more than outright performance then it's ideal.