Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789055 times)

Offline Optimus prime

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #970 on: 04 October 2015, 15:24 »
Anyone managed to get there rear led cluster on with just drl's?  I have coded the module

(04) Daytime running lights-Standlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Tagfahrlicht to Active but they are still off :angry:

Help pls

Optus prime: Hi! Not sure if you have seen the Stemei tweak instructions, but they suggest that the appropriate adaptation channel is:
(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
set to active
See this link:
http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7/tagfahrlicht-mit-rueckleuchten.php

Hi dv,

Yes just found and done all working thanks for your help, here also

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=176382#post176382

Offline roy2535

• Just got here
« Reply #971 on: 06 October 2015, 18:06 »
Hey guys,

I've tried to apply the ECS OFF mod and have attempted to do so multiple times without success. I've read through the guides posted on several forums even watched the videos posted by the members several times to make sure I nailed everything down to the details. Now I live in Hong Kong (ROW version) and after looking at my the VCDS on my laptop, I have noticed several differences in VDS which I will point out. I have also attached a screen shot below.

-At the top left hand box which shows the main screen of the "03-ABS Brakes" window, I noticed that the VAG Number s different.
VCDS simply reports what's in the control module that you selected. The VAG Number in the box is the part/software number that's stamped onto the ABS control module in your car. Yes, there will be different part numbers for different versions of the mk7 depending on the individual brake components in the car. There will also be lots of mk7 where the only difference is the last digit (which is an alphabetic character). This just signifies the version number for the part.

-Inside "Coding - 07", some of the long coding bytes seems to be different.
Again, this is not unusual. The coding string values for each version of the mk7 depends on individual component that have been installed on the car. For the ABS, for example the type of brake booster determines what code is entered and so does the installation of an Electronic Parking brake (as distinct from a normal mechanical brake).

-Inside "Long Coding Helper", there are three lines of message in red font which I do not see in the screens shot posted by other members of the forums.
The "three line message" simply indicates that the special support file for the Long Coding Helper that displays the BIT functions hasn't been developed for the VCDS version that you are using. Nevertheless, changing the value of a byte/bit in the coding string is still possible though. This is done by copying the code in the CURRENT CODING box (top RHS screen in your post) to the clipboard and pasting it into the NEW CODING box. Then manually enter the new bit value into the correct byte (remember that byte numbering starts with 0 - from the LHS). A word of caution when you make these changes -be careful selecting the correct byte and always (repeat, always) keep a copy of the original code somewhere because you may need to roll-back the setting if the tweak goes pear-shaped!

I wonder if our cars have some additional software lock, so to speak, compared to cars in other markets.

Now I understand there are some differences between our cars, being in different markets and all, but I am wondering if anyone with more experience and knowledge of VCDS could shed some light on this. Perhaps some other bytes have to be modified as well? Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Roy: Greetings.
First, I note that you are using an outdated version of VCDS software. The version that's displayed in your pics can indicated a pirate cable. Are you using such a device? If so, then the performance of your cable is commensurate with the value of the product! If you are using a genuine Ross Tech cable, then you should update the software to the current version - which has much better support for the mk7
Cheers
Don
PS: See my response to your specific questions above

Thanks!! I'll try the steps you recommended and hopefully it works this time.

Offline lans

• Just got here
« Reply #972 on: 11 January 2016, 20:41 »
Norbreck, do you know if voice activation for audio is a hardware add on or just VCDS? It's the optional extra that non Nav Pro users need for spoken commands?
hello
any luck with this one?
hardware or vcds option?
cheers

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #973 on: 11 January 2016, 22:03 »
Norbreck, do you know if voice activation for audio is a hardware add on or just VCDS? It's the optional extra that non Nav Pro users need for spoken commands?
hello
any luck with this one?
hardware or vcds option?
cheers

Lans: Good morning and hello again!

The short answer to retrofitting Voice Control (VC) is that it's a two step software process.

The first step depends on the age of the mk7; The earlier model mk7s  need to have the VC facility and the commands added to the firmware of the control module at address Hex5F. This is done via the SD slot using VW's software - I'm not sure, but I suspect that it can only be done by VW dealer (i.e. the SD card can't be purchased as a spare part). I understand that newer mk7s already have the software pre-loaded. Once the firmware in the infotainment unit contains the VC software, an activation code is needed to enable VC. I've been told by a forum colleague  that the activation code needs to be entered through VW's FAZIT system (a link back to VW headquarters) because it's part of the component protection protocols. I don't know where the switch-over period is for needing the SD card.

Step two of the process is a VCDS change to the coding in Byte 24, Bit 1 (see screen shot below)

Don't make the coding change without first implementing step 1 as the error message that you posted in the RT forum  will result
Cheers
Don
« Last Edit: 11 January 2016, 22:33 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #974 on: 12 January 2016, 18:59 »
Is there an easy way to tell if we have the VC Software?

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #975 on: 12 January 2016, 21:10 »

Kyle: hello.
Yes, it's real easy to tell if VC is enabled. Just press the VOICE button on the infotainment unit front panel. If the volume is muted you don't have VC. If you hear a chime and a red microphone symbol appears in the top LH corner of the screen you have VC.
Don

Offline lans

• Just got here
« Reply #976 on: 13 January 2016, 15:02 »

Kyle: hello.
Yes, it's real easy to tell if VC is enabled. Just press the VOICE button on the infotainment unit front panel. If the volume is muted you don't have VC. If you hear a chime and a red microphone symbol appears in the top LH corner of the screen you have VC.
Don
did not know this. will try next week and see if I have VC enabled.
edit:I have checked photos of the unit. mine does not have 'voice' button,but 'mute' left column bottom. defo no VC then...
« Last Edit: 13 January 2016, 16:08 by lans »

Offline lans

• Just got here
« Reply #977 on: 14 January 2016, 02:41 »
A bit different question. Has anyone found out a coding to enable\disable PreCrash feature? All I know there are no specific hardware devices like power windows, sunroof, or seatbelts listed in ETKA to comply with PreCrash system so it should be just a matter of coding. I would love to avoid spending 150euro on a feature that can be software enabled.
hello
any luck with this one?

Offline cebbes30

• Not said much yet
« Reply #978 on: 01 February 2016, 12:58 »
I have a guestion i have a retrofit rear camera on my Golf everthing works fine only one thing when a reverse the shift the camera come one after drive forward on the navi screen the line with screen new destination my POI setup down the line wil not go away, only when i swing near the screen its go away.

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J791) Labels: 5Q0-919-294.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 919 294 B HW: 5Q0 919 294 A
Component: PARKHILFE 8K 002 0026
Revision: -------- Serial number: 94231228307836
Coding: 0031151001
Shop #: WSC 12345 666 54321
ASAM Dataset: EV_EPHVA18AU3700000 002016
ROD: EV_EPHVA18AU3700000_AU37.rod
VCID: 3A7BD463BDAA42CE9A7-806F

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794) Labels: None
Part No SW: 5G0 035 846 A HW: 5G0 035 846
Component: MU-S-N-ER 038 0421
Serial number: V1F01510120522
Coding: 02730001FF00000011110001000800001F0100940100010045
Shop #: WSC 12345 666 54321
ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd4CPASE 002039
ROD: EV_MUStd4CPASE_VW37.rod
VCID: 275D1D175E18CF26F59-8072

Software 5F ( 421 )

Anyone have the same isue or did i code wrong?

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #979 on: 02 February 2016, 04:25 »
A bit different question. Has anyone found out a coding to enable\disable PreCrash feature? All I know there are no specific hardware devices like power windows, sunroof, or seatbelts listed in ETKA to comply with PreCrash system so it should be just a matter of coding. I would love to avoid spending 150euro on a feature that can be software enabled.
hello
any luck with this one?

Lans: hello. The BCM has an adaptation channel called:
"(29)-Access control 2-SAD PreCrash Konturschliessen" which Google translates to "(29) -Access control 2-SAD PreCrash shutdown"
I have no idea what this channel does and it's obviously not something that I want to test, but you cold consider enabling this channel on your car (if it isn't set as "active" already)
Don