Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789069 times)

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #400 on: 27 January 2014, 12:59 »
Same suprise in the the other version, as some are in English, very confusing! :)  (Think i might need to add a translations part to the VCDS wiki!) - not sure how yet! :P
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #401 on: 27 January 2014, 13:05 »
Same suprise in the the other version, as some are in English, very confusing! :)  (Think i might need to add a translations part to the VCDS wiki!) - not sure how yet! :P

With a  bit of common sense, fiddling around and sense checking, Google Translate can work quite well. I managed to translate the majority of the central electrics adaptation channels to a fairly sensible english equivalent!
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline spannerdog

• Just got here
« Reply #402 on: 28 January 2014, 09:15 »
Has any one found away to reset the service reminder yet...This giving me a headache as I have a few customers with Mk7`s and as i cannot reset the reminder I cannot carry out the work...I have over £10,000.00 of diag equip and none can yet do this task...One of you very clever people here hust have sorted it by now...Any help will be much appreciated 

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #403 on: 28 January 2014, 10:05 »
I've not checked if this works in the latest version of software (12.12) for the Mk7, but worth a shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfhNEAKrOQ

Failing that, I'd check the following:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf/Golf_Plus_(5K/52)_Instrument_Cluster#Service_Reminder

Also, does the Mk7 have the same reset through MFD as the Mk6 did?:

http://s778.photobucket.com/user/Dana_at_Ross-Tech/media/Cluster/DSC02173.jpg.html
« Last Edit: 28 January 2014, 10:15 by jivemonkey »
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline spannerdog

• Just got here
« Reply #404 on: 28 January 2014, 16:36 »
Thanks for the fast reply ...But the mk7 has a different system (inst panel)that VAG-COM does work on yet  (12.12)..I have tried all the options you kindly gave but to no avail..I am sure someone here will crack it..Thanks Again

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #405 on: 29 January 2014, 10:11 »
Can anyone post screen shots of 42 and 52 door 5Q0 959 593 A and 5Q0 959 592 A.

because the 12.12 englisch version of my kabel give no text of the byte and bit.

maybe i can check here to change somthing

Hi cebbes30 - you seem to have a lot of problems!

I checked mine and the puddle lights in the mirrors will stay on longer than the other CH lights, have you tried waiting and seeing if they go off after some time delay? I see no reason why they would stay on if the code you changed has been put back to how it was.

I had this problem with my car lastnight. I locked up and 10-15 mins later I happened to look out the window and notice that my puddle lights were still shining brightly! I unlocked and locked it again and it seemed fine after that. Hopefully a one-off glitch...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #406 on: 29 January 2014, 10:51 »

because the 12.12 englisch version of my kabel give no text of the byte and bit.

I checked mine and the puddle lights in the mirrors will stay on longer than the other CH lights, have you tried waiting and seeing if they go off after some time delay? I see no reason why they would stay on if the code you changed has been put back to how it was.

I had this problem with my car lastnight. I locked up and 10-15 mins later I happened to look out the window and notice that my puddle lights were still shining brightly! I unlocked and locked it again and it seemed fine after that. Hopefully a one-off glitch...

Interesting..might have to keep an eye out for that one. Have you played with the controller coding for allowing the lights on when mirrors are folded?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #407 on: 29 January 2014, 11:31 »

Interesting..might have to keep an eye out for that one. Have you played with the controller coding for allowing the lights on when mirrors are folded?

Yes. I don't have the VCDS cable myself, but a mate of mine does and we coded it just last weekend for the puddle lights to remain on (we followed the instructions on this thread) as the mirrors fold in. So this "glitch" is probably related to the coding change we made.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Engin_T

• Just got here
« Reply #408 on: 07 February 2014, 07:25 »
Yep mine to. Think the CH is coded to only work with the outer light clusters. It's probably another one of the hundred or so light settings in the Central electronics module adaptation channels.

I'll let you find that one  :grin:

Well, after Michael identified which light number was the inside LEDs at the back, I had a quick look in my master spreadsheet of the entire central electrics channel list and found what I thought to be the answer, coding balls up on VWs side? Who knows. Either way, got home around 10 minutes ago, tried my theory out, and works a treat  :grin:

Only one little change required to stop the middle LEDs going out when you lock the car in CH mode:

Usual central electrics access stuff, then change adaptation channel:

Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 from not active to Parklicht rechts

:nerd:

I did it yesterday night but it didn't work :( I locked the door and again the inner leds are closed :( Just we code Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 from not active to Parklicht rechts[/b ?

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #409 on: 07 February 2014, 08:24 »
How strange, that's all I had to change for it to stay on for my car. It could well be different for right hand drive markets?

Can you confirm that when you lock the car the CH lights are on?

If so, you might try Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re) instead. You have the right channel.

Let me know if this works and I'll update the VCDS wiki to reflect it. I'll try this also. If we can get one solution for both left and right hand drive markets that would be much better.