Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789042 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #200 on: 09 December 2013, 20:02 »
My coming home feature doesn't seem to come on unless I flash the full beam first. Any way to change that?

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #201 on: 10 December 2013, 08:33 »
anyway of stopping my media defaulting to the cd player instead of the Ipod as soon as I start the car?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #202 on: 10 December 2013, 09:40 »
My coming home feature doesn't seem to come on unless I flash the full beam first. Any way to change that?
'Coming home' is normally only activateable via VCDS these days.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #203 on: 10 December 2013, 12:23 »
Yes, it's in the "Comfort illumination" section of the adaption channels in the central electronic module.

This enables you to change what actual lights are used for coming home / leaving home (DRLs, Foglights etc) as well as how they are activated (i.e. automatically on removing the key or opening the door), or manually via a flash fo the high beam lever.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #204 on: 10 December 2013, 16:20 »
anyway of stopping my media defaulting to the cd player instead of the Ipod as soon as I start the car?

Also.... VOICE ACTIVATION FOR AUDIO is this hardware or software, i have the button like we all do and it just mutes it.

Really strange this one, it was standard and rubbish on my PD 6 years ago, then it was not on the CR and now its an extra?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #205 on: 11 December 2013, 08:01 »
the voice activation is rubbish anyway. I'm going to have the voice button mute the radio when I get my laptop fixed.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #206 on: 11 December 2013, 08:15 »
the voice activation is rubbish anyway. I'm going to have the voice button mute the radio when I get my laptop fixed.

Oh given the choice I would rather have a mute button but then again there is a voice button on the console, so if i could i would have mute on the steering wheel and voice on the console.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #207 on: 11 December 2013, 10:41 »
the voice control whilst far from perfect is certainly better than it was in the MK5 Golf or the Scirocco with the RNS-510. Don't know if that was down to the head unit itself or the placement (quality) of the overhead mic, but it was bloody frustrating non the less.

When I was driving and I wanted to say change the album playing on the SD card or Ipod, I would hit the voice button, wait for the bong then say "SELECTION" (so far so good), then the current album playing would be displayed on screen with a number against all the tracks. If I wanted to come out of this album and go up a level (say for instance I was listening to a specific Queen Album then wanted to come out of this one to see all of the albums by Queen), I would say the command "UP", and it was supposed to take me up a level, however try as I might, it would always respond with "MAP", then take me to the navigation screen. I tried saying the work softly, loudly, with an accent, holding my head up near the mic, but it would only work (sometimes) if the car was at standstill with no road noise. Frustrating to say the least, and the same for a lot of other commands.

At least in the GTD it recognises the commands about 90-95% of the time correctly and allows me to enter an address for navigation, browse the music collection, dial a number etc. The only problem is that it's a bit clunky, not very quick and you have to speak the commands correctly. Perhaps in the next generation of voice control VW will crack this ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #208 on: 11 December 2013, 10:46 »
the voice control whilst far from perfect is certainly better than it was in the MK5 Golf or the Scirocco with the RNS-510. Don't know if that was down to the head unit itself or the placement (quality) of the overhead mic, but it was bloody frustrating non the less.

When I was driving and I wanted to say change the album playing on the SD card or Ipod, I would hit the voice button, wait for the bong then say "SELECTION" (so far so good), then the current album playing would be displayed on screen with a number against all the tracks. If I wanted to come out of this album and go up a level (say for instance I was listening to a specific Queen Album then wanted to come out of this one to see all of the albums by Queen), I would say the command "UP", and it was supposed to take me up a level, however try as I might, it would always respond with "MAP", then take me to the navigation screen. I tried saying the work softly, loudly, with an accent, holding my head up near the mic, but it would only work (sometimes) if the car was at standstill with no road noise. Frustrating to say the least, and the same for a lot of other commands.

At least in the GTD it recognises the commands about 90-95% of the time correctly and allows me to enter an address for navigation, browse the music collection, dial a number etc. The only problem is that it's a bit clunky, not very quick and you have to speak the commands correctly. Perhaps in the next generation of voice control VW will crack this ?

See now that sounds pretty cool, is there anyway of me turning this feature on?

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #209 on: 11 December 2013, 11:17 »
Unlikely - it comes with Nav Pro but is a cost option with other systems.