Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2832151 times)

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13460 on: 29 April 2024, 23:24 »
Hi, no need to remove the existing lip as this sits perfectly over it and covers it up

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13461 on: 01 May 2024, 15:46 »
Got up early and gave the TCR a quick once over, only recently fully ceramic coated so took next to no time and effort :-)

2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13462 on: 01 May 2024, 17:02 »
Got up early and gave the TCR a quick once over, only recently fully ceramic coated so took next to no time and effort

Very smart. How are you getting on with it?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13463 on: 02 May 2024, 09:54 »
Got up early and gave the TCR a quick once over, only recently fully ceramic coated so took next to no time and effort

Very smart. How are you getting on with it?

Loving it to be fair, huge jump in performance over the PP, interior with the alcantara/leather combo is a little step up too and even enjoying the DSG (mine was a manual before). Running the OZ Ultraleggera's the ride is lovely, better than on Brescia's previously and that was decent too without DCC, definately not missing it here in the slightest so made the right call re that.

Looking forward to keeping this is good nick, helped by the fact it doesn't get out loads, mileage after a couple of long runs still just over 7k; think this could well be my last petrol car and be kept for many years.

Still deliberating going to RTech to get a bit more of a bump and refine the available power, Stage 1 will be plenty for me at around the 360bhp mark, it's bloody fast now so the extra oomph will probably scare the crap out of me!

Overall, uber happy, highly recommend acquiring one if you ever get the opportunity.
2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13464 on: 02 May 2024, 10:43 »
Got up early and gave the TCR a quick once over, only recently fully ceramic coated so took next to no time and effort :-)

Looks really nice, love the wheels. Twice I have nearly put a deposit on a TCR but backed off, your car and feedback is not helping  :grin:

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13465 on: 02 May 2024, 10:50 »

Looks really nice, love the wheels. Twice I have nearly put a deposit on a TCR but backed off, your car and feedback is not helping  :grin:

It's just too nice a car, love the fact you don't see them about either, yet to see one whilst out and about!! Go for it, avoid the pano roof though, lots I've seen up for sale have had issues and they aren't warranty replaceable....

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13466 on: 02 May 2024, 11:54 »
Overall, uber happy, highly recommend acquiring one if you ever get the opportunity.

Pretty pleased with mine too :wink:

Try a pedalbox if you can before getting it mapped. They make the car more responsive and to me, better to drive. I've thought about a stage 1 for mine but tbh, it is plenty quick enough and there aren't that many opportunities to exploit what there is. Covered 1100 miles over the last 10 days in great comfort and on the return leg of 250 miles, got over 45mpg!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13467 on: 02 May 2024, 17:21 »
Fitted some new mats from carmats4u.com - saw one or two mentions on here but not much about if they were any good. They weren't too dear so I thought what the heck, can always send them back. £55 for a set of executive rubber with leather edging and double sticking. Good quality with the exception of a couple of bits of thread sticking up, which can be trimmed off. Good fit too, with the exception one corner of the drivers footrest

2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13468 on: 02 May 2024, 17:43 »
Fitted some new mats from carmats4u.com - saw one or two mentions on here but not much about if they were any good. They weren't too dear so I thought what the heck, can always send them back. £55 for a set of executive rubber with leather edging and double sticking. Good quality with the exception of a couple of bits of thread sticking up, which can be trimmed off. Good fit too, with the exception one corner of the drivers footrest

They look good. I’m a fan of rubber mats as they have better durability than carpet mats (mine still look pretty much like new after nearly 42 months of use) and they’re easy to clean too. I keep mine in my car all year round as I quite like the utilitarian look of rubber mats.

Mine are VW rubber mats that have a little raised edge to contain any wetness such as slush and snow in the winter time. I have to remember to empty the melted snow and slush out of the car before it runs over the edges of the mats though!

As for the fit of the drivers mat around the footrest in your car; it could be the metal cover on the footrest that’s causing the mat to fit a little too snugly in that area, as the metal cover is a little wider than the OEM plastic foot rest it fits over.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13469 on: 03 May 2024, 20:32 »
Just returned from a 1,400 mile trip around France. Apart from a couple of spurious tyre pressure warnings it didn't miss a beat. The ACC and DCC in comfort mode made driving the autoroutes a breeze.

Still loving this car after nearly 5 years.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.