Author Topic: !!! AD's GTI !!! New owner on here??  (Read 60335 times)

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: !!! AD's GTI !!! I have more grey things :D
« Reply #70 on: 07 April 2013, 21:44 »

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: !!! AD's GTI !!! Leon Cupra & Golf GTI whoring session
« Reply #71 on: 12 April 2013, 21:01 »
So yesterday this lovely little piece arrived .....

soon as i got home from work i cracked on took just over 2 hours !! I never had the problems most others do though as it nigh on fell onto the turbo, i spent most of the time trying to get it on the maf obviously i didnt want to break the maf so was being very careful with it. Its still not on 100% so im going to break out the heat gun! Also the 007p has moved a considerable amount it used to sit under the cover but now is tucked away at the back.

Also is it me or is the forge print further back than normal ? I thought you could se it when the engine cover was on ?

overall spools faster, pulls harder, recircs louder and i no longer have a tssssshhhhhhh as i accelerate !

I have also done some uber pointless subtle touches ! Ive got rid of the remaining chrome bits and gave them the brushed look treatment! The seat belt anchor at the bottom and the seat belt clips..... No one would ever notice but still i know its there lol

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 22 April 2013, 19:45 »
Got 3 parcels en route to myself this week 2 small boring things which my car is in great need of and 1 larger parcel which ive been undecided whether to get for some time now but i finally bit the bullet and if i dont like them i shall sell them on!

Any guesses to what the larger parcel may be ? Its coming from german land .... That is my clue 

Offline Kye22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #73 on: 13 June 2013, 10:28 »
Great build thread mate. Looks very nice.  :cool:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 11 November 2013, 09:45 »
Looks like no one ever found out what the parcels were and to be honest I can even remember now will update soonish for anyone thats interested !

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 11 November 2013, 09:56 »
All copied off ukmkivs so sorry if it doesnt make sense the 2 parcels were these and the 3rd will be in the next post

So these arrived....The black and white thing was an absolute tw@t to fit ! Old vs newtook it for a test drive after fitting the shifter bushing and it really smoothed out the movement between gears then went for another drive after fitting the 42DD bushes theyve really improved it putting the car into gear i no longer get the "ker.... Plunk" effect its now more "pow" your in gear ???? Reverse is still abit notchy but thats 1 of 2 things i need to re-redo the gear alignment or i done something fitting the £3 bush thing. The car itself is still quite snatchy when lifting the clutch but i could almost guarantee thats my shagged dogbone mount !   

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 11 November 2013, 10:01 »
Bought some depos and joeyd them along with freshening up the grills

So the depos have been rebuilt and are back on the car absolutely love them along with the tidied up grills the front end looks soo much cleaner !

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 11 November 2013, 10:02 »
Bit of a tidy up on the wing which was long overdue a replacement !oldThe black foam in this picture was from what i can tell part of the reason it rusted through.... it was quite damp !!New

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 11 November 2013, 10:07 »
Some whoring

at this point I had a painfull couple of months were I was thinking of selling up but in the end I ditched the weitecs and bought some joms to make the car comfier again ! ..........

To keep the thread from going completely dead and to add a picture for the new page ..... I sold my weitecs last weekend and this is what came to pick them up.

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 11 November 2013, 10:12 »
Now this will bring it up to date ......

Its been a while since I had anything worthy of an update but the other weekend I decided I wanted to spray my rocker cover and as it was leaking anyway so it made sense, as I was dismantling everything I noticed one of my lower pcv pipes were virtually non existent, which now explains why my mpg was suffering low 20s ... so I ordered up a ebay catch can as I didnt really want to shell out silly money on anything else! Started by stripping the rocker cover down for paint I had a spare throttle body lying around aswell so I painted that too but didnt like it.PaintedNext is the catch can install one everything arrived no progress picrures really just a back together one Excuse the bluryness it was cold ! Next up was a decat and 3" downpipe this turned into an absolute ballache to be honest I was getting rattles and bangs from everywhere found one to be the downpipe hitting the subframe well resting on it !So I narrowed that down to the dogbone mount as I knew it was shot, I previously fitted some poly bushes about a year ago but absolutely hated them so took them straight out. I came across an error from last october !!! I built the dogbone up the wrong way ooooppps may thats why the poly bushes were so terrible cause on page 6 theres a picture of the polybushes assembled the wrong way lolSo with that resovled it ended up like this But caused the mid section to hit the sides of the tunnel so a trip to my mates we cut about 15mm of the hanger off both sides no noises after a painfull week of hunting them down !!!Everyone knows what the look like new but heres a picture of it all shiny... there also may be a chance I freaked out about the dent and phoned the company asking for a refund !!! Woooopps Also a very small mod I bought a grill badge its absolute donkey s h I t for fitment but I like it Next up will be the sai delete and sort out my vac hoses and because everything will be apart anyway I will be spraying the inlet manifold and throttle body hammered silver. No exterior updates except a well deserved clean and sticker removal oh an a couple of war wounds on the front valance