Author Topic: DSG Paddle Shifters  (Read 4608 times)

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
Re: DSG Paddle Shifters
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2018, 08:19 »
Very nice but wow they are very expensive! Are they only available from the US?

I love this, we all spent best part of £20-30k on a new(ish) GTI and yet that’s classed as reasonable versus £x00 on paddles :)
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Patagonian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2018, 09:04 »
Very nice but wow they are very expensive! Are they only available from the US?

I love this, we all spent best part of £20-30k on a new(ish) GTI and yet that’s classed as reasonable versus £x00 on paddles :)

Totally agree except there comes a point when I go from feeling like I'm buying a quality product to feeling ripped off.

Well over $200 for two pieces of flat alloy is taking the p*ss! (Ok not exactly flat alloy but you get the point)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 November 2018, 12:27 »
$225 for 2 small pieces of metal? Wow!

Not knocking the product or the quality. They do look very nice. However it's like they don't know what price to charge, so just ask for whatever they want, then they double it and add a nice fat margin on top.  :undecided:
7.5 GTD

Offline Patagonian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 24 November 2018, 17:09 »
Finally got around to fitting the Leyo paddles and been driving with them for about a week now.
They appear to be top quality and fitting took 5 minutes, the only thing I did was Loctite the two screws - not sure you really need too but I felt happier doing it. They fit perfectly.
In all the pictures I've seen the two screws are at the top whereas the pair that arrived have them at the bottom which means they can't been seen in normal use. I did notice the box said "Gen2" so I guess there has been a slight redesign.
On the road they are great to use and I've found myself manually changing gear far more often because you are not restricted to 9-3 like the originals. I did notice that the bottom half inch is redundant due to the angle with the pivot which means you cant physically operate the paddle but I've read that about all paddles so it's not unique to Leyo.