Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785838 times)

Offline Patagonian

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8990 on: 27 November 2018, 21:23 »
You do need a Dremel but I picked up one from The Range for about £20 a few months ago as I'd always thought it would be handy, used it for lots of jobs so worth the money.
Yes shipped it over myself, don't mind the shipping so much as the import tax(s)!

If you really are interested I might be able to help you out.

Yeah I'm interested! In the dremel and the scoop  :wink:

PM sent

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8991 on: 30 November 2018, 12:35 »
Changed the static cornering bulbs. The warning came up on the dash a few days ago, I've replaced both even though only one had failed as guaranteed if I'd left the good one in it'll go in the next few days :rolleyes: £19 though for two bulbs?! Disgraceful :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pixelmix

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8992 on: 03 December 2018, 17:22 »
Changed the static cornering bulbs. The warning came up on the dash a few days ago, I've replaced both even though only one had failed as guaranteed if I'd left the good one in it'll go in the next few days :rolleyes: £19 though for two bulbs?! Disgraceful :whistle:

One of mine went pop the other week. It must be that time of year. Similarly,  I replaced both, albeit with some slightly bluer/whiter Philips ones which match the headlights better (slightly more than £19 though)

Offline Pixelmix

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8993 on: 03 December 2018, 17:27 »
... re-sprayed my rear hub carriers. I had painted them with silver Hammerite about a year ago but the rears went black after I got new pads and discs (burnt paint from high temp on new pads?)

The fronts (done at the same time with Hammerite) still look fine but I've used some Halfords engine spray paint on the rears now. Unfortunately, despite being marketed as "silver grey" the colour is quite different from the front, so I'll have to re-do the fronts soon (although I'm probably the only person that will ever notice that they don't match).  :rolleyes:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8994 on: 03 December 2018, 17:39 »
One of mine went pop the other week. It must be that time of year. Similarly,  I replaced both, albeit with some slightly bluer/whiter Philips ones which match the headlights better (slightly more than £19 though)

I did consider some fancy ones but decided to go for decent (GE) standard ones since they aren't used that much.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8995 on: 08 December 2018, 09:25 »
Think I've managed to fix a rattle from the under the steering column. Tightened up the knee air bag bolts (they weren't particularly loose) and refitted the trim. Seems to have sorted it for now although tapping the airbag gently on the top does give a rattling noise.  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8996 on: 08 December 2018, 11:08 »
Nothing, just wanted to make the 9000th post :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8997 on: 08 December 2018, 20:17 »

Sealed my new wheels which I will use for winters.
18" Pretoria copies from CM wheels.
Getting Goodyear Ultra Performance Gen-1 tyres hopefully this week to fit next weekend.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #8998 on: 08 December 2018, 20:46 »
Looking good MKgti!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #8999 on: 08 December 2018, 20:50 »
Serviced it myself using maxol extendo LL oil, oil,air and pollen filter and new Bosch aero twin wipers.  :cool:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox