Author Topic: Chester dealership  (Read 2218 times)

Offline daytona

• GTI forum regular
Chester dealership
« on: 21 October 2023, 21:38 »
Anyone had any experience with them. I dont want to go into details just yet, but i have a couple of issues with my car i picked up last friday. I called today to inform them of the issue, and the saleman tried to put me thru to the sales manager which kept going into voicemail. 4 Times i called back within minutes, in the end i told them, to ring me, which they did not. I usually dont start calling dealers, as i know they have a job to do, but lately they seem to not give a crap and blatenly let you know.
if in doubt,rev the arse out of it

Offline daytona

• GTI forum regular
Re: Chester dealership
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2023, 16:07 »
Story is, i test drove a golf gti 2019, and ended up going for it as i missed my last one. When i came to put carpets in that i had from my last one, i noticed the drawers are missing from under the seats. Not just the drawers, but the whole units, from both sides. I know they where there on the test drive as i had a nosey inside them and was happy the driver had one as well as passenger. After spending a couple of days trying to get thru to the sales manager, i managed to get the car over for them to look at them. They took photos and said he will investigate what the car came with. AND again, no reply. I had to call them for the 5th time about the outstanding finance on the trade-in, which up till then they had not payed, and i reminded them about the drawers, which they replyed, the car doesn not come with them..BUT THEY WHERE ON THE CAR WHEN I TEST DROVE IT...and why would the gti not when the base models sometimes have them. Not happy one bit but i can not prove either way. Felt like i was lying to get some.

And to top it all, they still have not payed the outstanding finance on the trade-in and i still had to make a payment as of today.
Thats on top of the boot having about an inch of water (yes i know, common problem) so i sorted the lights and vents out, so hopefully thats dealt with, and the airbox made me laugh, as it was chocker full of nuts, to the point i had to break the little grid inside to get them all out. Not bothered about the small things, just whats peed me off.
« Last Edit: 28 October 2023, 16:09 by daytona »

Offline Tractor Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2023, 18:49 »
Sounds like you need to find another dealer.
Just the water in the boot would be enough for me to return the car and reject it.

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2023, 18:53 »
Absolutely agree, they took parts off of your vehicle (though I’m pretty sure my 7.5 didn’t have the drawers, not 100% though) they sold you a car with issues, and they owe you money. I’d be finding a new dealer, and a new car, and complaining to VWUK about the service you received.
Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2023, 05:23 »
MY19 Mk7.5’s definitely did not have underwear drawers as standard so why the dealer went to the trouble of removing a non standard accessory item is a bit weird.

As for the rest of the issues, as above, reject the car.

As for the dealer, was it Inchcape? I’ve bought 3 cars from their Stockport dealership over the years and always found them ok to deal with.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline daytona

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2023, 18:06 »
MY19 Mk7.5’s definitely did not have underwear drawers as standard so why the dealer went to the trouble of removing a non standard accessory item is a bit weird.

As for the dealer, was it Inchcape? I’ve bought 3 cars from their Stockport dealership over the years and always found them ok to deal with.

It is. Thing i'm struggling with is, i like and want the car, but being treated the way i have been is not acceptable from any dealer. We are having the same issue with the wifes new car (Brand new MG) From the minute we picked it up it has had a problem, they fobbed her off at first, now we cant get it booked in to be looked at till the 2nd nov..but we have it in writing we have every right to reject as they where informed before the 30day period. Going back to my car, how do you prove items are missing if the dealer or me have no prove either way.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 October 2023, 18:09 »

Difficult, if not impossible to prove as a non standard part. Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted for you.

It is. Thing i'm struggling with is, i like and want the car, but being treated the way i have been is not acceptable from any dealer. We are having the same issue with the wifes new car (Brand new MG) From the minute we picked it up it has had a problem, they fobbed her off at first, now we cant get it booked in to be looked at till the 2nd nov..but we have it in writing we have every right to reject as they where informed before the 30day period. Going back to my car, how do you prove items are missing if the dealer or me have no prove either way.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.