Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437588 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1700 on: 17 November 2010, 14:17 »
 :shocked: you could use a work van, but yet your chucking miles onto this! You sir shall be stoned to death!  :grin:

On a serious note, take a look at the start, with your 1.4, lexus lights and matts...then tell me the work wasn't worth it!  :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1701 on: 17 November 2010, 14:21 »
:shocked: you could use a work van, but yet your chucking miles onto this! You sir shall be stoned to death!  :grin:

On a serious note, take a look at the start, with your 1.4, lexus lights and matts...then tell me the work wasn't worth it!  :cool:

Yeah, rack 'em up! I need another car for a daily, don't like using the work van at all lol. I love driving my car! :D

I will use the work van more though from now. Less things will go wrong with the car and more money saved too, plus money saved on fuel!

Valid point Jamie, its all been totally worth it :cool:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1702 on: 17 November 2010, 16:29 »
I would so have a second car if I could insure 2! Having the use of a work van sounds like luxury :tongue:

I had a van for a week, best/cheapest week ever! :cry:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1703 on: 17 November 2010, 16:58 »
I would so have a second car if I could insure 2! Having the use of a work van sounds like luxury :tongue:

Yer, I hear you. Its part the reason I was able to do the conversion.

It is great in some ways, but I really miss my car when I drive the van. I have make my own turbo noises and stuff :(

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1704 on: 17 November 2010, 19:07 »

It is great in some ways, but I really miss my car when I drive the van. I have make my own turbo noises and stuff :(

haha, i do that in everything!  :lipsrsealed: and tyre noises in bends....  :laugh:   

on a serious note though if all goes well with mine i will finally be blessed as I have a daily nowadays.. the mk1 used to be my daily and the ones before it.... used to be a pain at times when something needed doing...  The good thing about you driving the van when you can is that your car will feel even more amazing when you drive it!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1705 on: 17 November 2010, 19:29 »

haha, i do that in everything!  :lipsrsealed: and tyre noises in bends....  :laugh:   

on a serious note though if all goes well with mine i will finally be blessed as I have a daily nowadays.. the mk1 used to be my daily and the ones before it.... used to be a pain at times when something needed doing...  The good thing about you driving the van when you can is that your car will feel even more amazing when you drive it!

Haha, its just me then. Nahhhhhhhhh; whoosh! Naaaaaahhhhhh :D I'm getting quite good at it now. Sometimes I pretend the van is a skyline or a vtec, just to mix it up :laugh:

Can't wait to get it back on the road properly! Insurance renewal is up and at the moment I'm down to £1750 TPFT, which is like £700-800 cheaper than last year. That's with breakdown, legal, personal, windscreen and whatever else they add on. Excess is £200. To some that's extortionate, but that's good deal in my eyes :D

In other news, I gapped my old plugs (well they had 7,000ish miles on), to 0.6mm and fitted them. So will see if that's cures the misfire. Otherwise, Toyotec (ClubGTI) reckons I could also be the dwell. Not 100% on what that is or how to fix it, but my guess would be ignition timing, so crank sensor perhaps?

Looking forward to tomorrow night for some arch bashing and getting these Borbet's tucked.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1706 on: 18 November 2010, 08:59 »
looking good mate!
dont lose faith now, itas not been easy but certainly worth it!
look forward to the tucked wheels!
now the golf is off the rd, it feels so much better moving it around after driving once a week in the mrs saxo :D

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1707 on: 18 November 2010, 12:54 »
looking good mate!
dont lose faith now, itas not been easy but certainly worth it!
look forward to the tucked wheels!
now the golf is off the rd, it feels so much better moving it around after driving once a week in the mrs saxo :D

I won't lose faith! Just debating now whether to wait til end of April to renew the insurance. Not sure I can wait that long :undecided:

I turn 21 on the 27th April, so not sure if its worth waiting til then, if it dropped by a few hundred, then it wouldn't be worth the wait. Can't see it dropping to near £1000 :undecided:

Got time, renewal is Dec 4th.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1708 on: 18 November 2010, 13:04 »
well mine didnt drop as much as what i hoped when i turned 21, but every person is different!
see how ya feel and how much money ya have after various mods :D

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1709 on: 18 November 2010, 13:24 »
well mine didnt drop as much as what i hoped when i turned 21, but every person is different!
see how ya feel and how much money ya have after various mods :D

I don't think I could just leave it there, plus my car is nicer in the winter. Be good to hear a bit more on what other people have paid when they turned 21, see how much less it was.