Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829035 times)

Offline GKR47

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13400 on: 08 March 2024, 04:17 »
Car had it's year five service + brake fluid change + MoT - service done as part of my service plan.

I extended the warranty on my car when I bought it to five years so it's about to run out at the end of the month - seems if I want to take out the all-in plan then I've got to first see if VWFS will let me pay off my current SP that ends in November as I can't have two running at the same time - has anyone done this? is it easy?

While the car was in, and conscious that I'm at the end of the warranty I asked if they could look at the slow loss of coolant - I've already had the thermostat replaced when the car was about 1 1/2 years old but I noticed that if I topped the coolant up to max it would very slowly drop to about 6-7mm below the max over about three months.  They did a pressure test but said all was ok and that there was no obvious leak and I should just monitor it - good news I hope, maybe it finds it's own level? Does the coolant always stick rigidly to the wherever you fill it to?

One thing I'm not feeling good about is that they charged me for the coolant diagnosis - does that sound right if still under warranty?  Before I've taken my car in when it had a creak coming from the front suspension and they looked at it and applied the 'magic' grease but didn't charge - why is it not the same?

One surprise was that I drove my very first EV as that's what they gave me as a courtesy car - a bloody big ID5!  way too big and definitely not my cup of tea, totally soulless.
I had a similar problem with a slight coolant leak and after the second investigation it was found that there was an hairline crack in the coolant bottle. The problem seems to be resolved now.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13401 on: 09 March 2024, 10:23 »
At this stage you should fear me, as I am a master of the rain dance...

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13402 on: 09 March 2024, 11:02 »
Going to pee it down in sunny Manchester tomorrow so mine shall remain unwashed.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13403 on: 09 March 2024, 11:26 »
Mine will be back to square one by 1, but it had been targeted by birds so it was a necessary evil.

Not much point washing lately, other than to keep the salt off.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline ProtoCulture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13404 on: 11 March 2024, 23:00 »
Stunning @willni.  :cool:

Today for me:

2016 Tornado Red GTI PP, DSG, 19" Santiago's, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Park Assist & Camera.
Mods: Revo Stage 1 ECU & TCU remap. Racingline R600 with Inlet pipe, turbo elbow and muffler delete. Clubsport S backbox. Eibach lowering springs. VBT Hooked discs and Racingline RP700 pads.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #13405 on: 13 March 2024, 13:13 »
Fitted my Res Delete, well I didn't my good buddy did!
It sounds fab!
Yeah there is a little drone at ~70mph, but I'll just turn the music up. Sounds what the GTI should have sounded like from factory...

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #13406 on: 14 March 2024, 16:10 »
Flashed a Stage 1 Unicorn low torque map. Seems perkier, but will no more on the drive to work..

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #13407 on: 16 March 2024, 22:14 »
i replaced the front discs and pads, and carried out an oil and filter change.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13408 on: 17 March 2024, 07:56 »
Summers going on today

Rim protection of the GY is huge compared to the Michelin PS5. Won't stop a 1.4 tonne car against a curb but it may be important to some. But it gives the tyre a chunkier look like GY5 I had compared to the vertical side wall of the PS5.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13409 on: 17 March 2024, 10:32 »
Summers going on today

Rim protection of the GY is huge compared to the Michelin PS5. Won't stop a 1.4 tonne car against a curb but it may be important to some. But it gives the tyre a chunkier look like GY5 I had compared to the vertical side wall of the PS5.

Been driving on my old GY5's on 18s since Friday and they drive lovely, does a lot of slipping but it's very comfortable being on 18s again vs the Michelin PS5 on 19s.