Author Topic: Jonnys Audi S3 8p . Sprint blue DSG ! New front end  (Read 10585 times)

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: Jonnys Audi S3 8p . Sprint blue DSG !
« Reply #20 on: 05 April 2013, 23:34 »
Well best update this as haven't done so in a while .

Not done that much but enough to keep me pottering.

Managed to get a few decent days where the weather wasn't crap. So I broke out the cleaning stuff. Gave it the works consisting of full interior valet using some new products.

Zaino leather soft spray cleaner
Zaino leather in a bottle

Spoke to cleanyourcar.co.uk and they recommended the above for leather cleaning / protecting . Leather looks like brand new and smells new lol . Then it was the normal for the interior ,  poorboys natural look dressing and meguires gold glass.

Results

Then onto the outside . Bought myself a new jet wash and a new fitting for my snow foam lance. Foamed it washed it with chemical guys bodywash n wax . Dried it then I polished it with menzerna super fine polish then finished off with DoDo Juice Blue velvet wax ( great stuff ).

Here are the results

Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 05 April 2013, 23:39 »
Saw this on the bay and thought what the heck its worth a tenner.
Was well impressed with the quality and fittment tbh .

Before

After

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 05 April 2013, 23:48 »
So after seening what potential the S3 offers with a stage 1 remap I got booked into R-tech. First off got there and was greeted by Nick and Ben was nice to see them again . Had a good chat and then car went on to the lift for fault finding. No faults found  Result .

Then it was on to the rollers to see what it was standard . It made 277bhp and 268 ft lb. Very happy with that . Asked Nick about figures as they more than stock he said that some of the newer tfsi engines are making between 260 and 280 bhp so was happy . He said with my figures been more than stock I should see a lot more mid range power than a car that made close to standard figures. Although the bhp would still be around the same for stage one .

Then stage one was applied to my car whilst on the rollers and it made 302bhp and 356 ft lb . really happy with the outcome. This is the way the car should of came out of the factory power wise. It pins you to your seat now whilst still been extremely smooth.

Was advised by nick to get a uprated dump vale ( G ) type . He said current one still has a strong diaphragm and should be ok for now .

So all in all a fantastic day with good results.

Thanks Nick and Ben at R-tech as always excellent service.

Thanks

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 05 April 2013, 23:53 »
Well noticed the brake pads where getting low so I decided to replace front and back discs and pads all round . Got a good deal on Pagid discs and pads and they get good reviews online . They are as close to oem as you can get so went with them. Got them fitted and are spot on especially after the remap  :wink:
« Last Edit: 05 April 2013, 23:55 by jonnyturbo »

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: Jonnys Audi S3 8p . Sprint blue DSG ! Modding has begun
« Reply #24 on: 12 May 2013, 18:35 »
Well let the modding begin. After the remap i want more power lol dont we all. So had a dig about and found my self a nice Audi TTS engine cover off a forum member at a good price with all the nessacery hardware to make it fit the S3. So this arrived and i put it away in a safe place for later and started to think about getting parts together to go stage 2+.

With the cover sorted i got back on the net and started looking at CAI and the APR fuel pumps.
Really like the revo CAI but i think i am going to go down the ITG route . So thats on my list and will order the intake later this week.
Next month i will just be saving a few bucks and then the following month will be getting a full TBE. Probs go down the Milltek route as had one on the golf and didnt skip a beat. Also will be going for a sports cat as cant be bothered to mess about mot time with a decat. And i am not wanting huge power just stage 2+ will be enough for me . And i have been told that a sports cat will be fine for this.

My plan is to get my TBE fitted at Awesome Gti and try get the APR fuel pump upgrade done whilst there. So hopefully will leave there work shop with TBE and APR fuel pump fitted and i will have already have fitted the CAI. Then drive from there to a hotel for the night and then into R-tech the following day for stage 2+ . WELL THATS THE PLAN LOL. Its just getting all the bits together that takes time
Getting there slowly but surley.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #25 on: 12 May 2013, 19:27 »
Havent i seen you asking about something else on ASN  :whistle:

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2013, 23:35 »
Yep u certainly have rhyso but that's hush for now lol need a lot of pennies for that lol

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: Jonnys Audi S3 8p . Sprint blue DSG ! CAI ordered
« Reply #27 on: 07 June 2013, 21:24 »
Well after lots of research with which cold air intake to go for I am going for the AMD intake . Ordered it yesterday and just waiting for it to turn up .  I have chosen the silicone hoses in blue and looks like this

Main reason for choosing this intake is the fact it uses the cold air from behind the headlight and from the stock intake postion.  Along with having the biggest diameter of pipe to the turbo for cold air whilst still keeping the MAF happy . Should look good with the TTS engine cover .

Should look like this when fitted but with blue hoses

Then its a milltek TBE but saving the pennies for that lol

All comments welcome

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 02 July 2013, 21:46 »
A little update...

Well received my AMD cai intake from AMD. First impressions out the box are good. Looks like a solid bit of kit. Didn't realise how big the inside diameter of the pips where lol a whopping 90mm lol.

So on to fitting . firstly stripped the old engine cover and all nesscary pipe work . piece of cake only struggle I had was the clamp on the turbo intake pipe but got there in the end.

Engine bay stripped

Next was to unscrew the MAF sensor from its stock postion

Then reinstall it into the new silicone pipe with the new screws supplied.

So with the careful and potentially most expensive bit out the way next was just to fit everything loosely and get it all where I want it . Then just tighten up.

Also new my stock engine cover would we obsolete so purchased a TTS engine cover off a ASN member and installed that at the same time. As i am not a fan of cutting the standard cover to suit the new cai ..Can't believe how easy it was to install the cover. Here are the end results .

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #29 on: 02 July 2013, 22:18 »
looking good mate, intake looks lovely

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175