Author Topic: Boneybradley's blue Mk3 8v Anniversary!! The keeper?  (Read 56774 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Regarding th amp wiring, I put mine through a section in the middle of the bulkhead, about two thirds the way down. Ill try taking a picture. Was relatively easy. I've got aircon too.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well the car has failed on me and won't move/drive!! It looks like the inner cv joint has shattered and I'm hoping it hasn't damaged the box etc!
I had being getting a sticky brake feeling/noise (which i know a caliper was a bit sticky, although it was given a good clean and it did free!)

The only good side is I'm away next week so i can do without the car which means I can get my staff of parts fitted... a few bits of powder coated brackets etc in the engine bay were my best buy costing me a whole 99p

I am also loking at some new shockers as the fk's fitted are a bit bouncy.... do i splash the cash and get bilsteins or go for gas monroe's??  :undecided: (the car is only lowered 25mm so I dont really need short shocks)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Bit careless to break it! :rolleyes:
 :grin:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
If its box issue remember I have the spare down here just ain't had time to get it up to you
Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well The fault is the inner cv has sheared all 6 bolts that hold it on! The cv has being refitted using high tensile bolts and everything has being checked and it all works fine. Just need to know what caused it now?

good thing is while I'm waiting for an answer I can get it fully serviced and a few under bonnet shiny bits fitted (as I don't need the car for the next week)

If its box issue remember I have the spare down here just ain't had time to get it up to you

No problem...I still need an answer to the problem so may be in touch to arrange collection etc

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Overtightened no doubt! Seen so many times.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Might of broke due to the 8v's torque ?       :whistle:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well the inner cv joint is undamaged and she is now refitted using new bolts (although I have some o.e bolts are on order!).

while I was away for a few days she has had a service (plugs, all filters, oil) and a throttle body clean (with a new vw gasket), new anti roll bar bushes and new engine mounts fitted with a few bits of red added under the bonnet

that's my 99p powder coated front engine mount cradle and battery tray  :cool:

ongoing is a new rocker cover.. powder coated or painted? and a timing belt kit.

next is new shockers (less sporty more o.e) - remote locking - paint work sorting - alloy refurb? - tyres that grip better than these Event's that are fitted!

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
well I have finally had time to give it a clean and polish

and she looks like

it has made me realise/check which bits need attention bodywise, so I am looking for a same colour passenger rear door, rear bumper, tailgate and it also need the rear quarter and 1 front wing lower painting.... I have being quoted £150 for the paint and I am currently in discussion with buying the panels for £150, I don't think that's bad for £300

oh and I have also being given this usa spec piece by fellow foum member ogryzek... cheers Greg  :cool:

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
That back at standard ride height mate?
Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.