Author Topic: Hoodride/Rat style - Stylish or bad taste?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
Re: Hoodride/Rat style - Stylish or bad taste?
« Reply #30 on: 12 January 2007, 12:40 »
I think Stealth / 'Q' cars are more interesting than Rats, Like standard looking Mk2s with blown R32 lumps!

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #31 on: 12 January 2007, 12:46 »
Nothing better than a sleeper

Even a tatty (not rat) just used looker with a rapid lump in it
 Or a very tidy well presented car with an equally rapid lump

i remember having a very very quick Howley 1360 grass track engine in a mini of mine , did 14MPG with a huge weber 45 on the back but would wipe the floor with almost anythin  :grin: 

Offline mase

• Here all the time
  • mk3 madness!!!
« Reply #32 on: 12 January 2007, 12:58 »
I think Stealth / 'Q' cars are more interesting than Rats, Like standard looking Mk2s with blown R32 lumps!

:shocked: dude.....  :evil: now thats an idea.

personally for me i love the standardesque - euro look, if that makes any sence... useable as a daily car, but smooth bumpers, all colour coded, classy set of wheels, that sort of thing!

if u want a crotch rocket.... get a bike  :evil:  i like my cars to look good.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2007, 13:03 by mase »
Quote from: Slick#13
I still see there is a distinct lack of b!tch tit getting outage.

...word

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #33 on: 12 January 2007, 14:15 »
I think its interesting to note a few comments made about the air-cooled brigade getting annoyed at the rats grabbing all the attention. Who cares? Do some people really think that when they go to shows  others will be blowing sunshine up their back-sides because of how their car looks? How sad IMO...

You kind of missed the point really, I said that the air-cooled brigade were p1ssed off with people hiding behind the look, e.g. it's a fooked beetle with holes all over and rusty so I'll say it's rat look.  :wink: I also mentioned that rats grabbed the attention at a watercooled event not air-cooled .i.e. mk1 at E38. If shows had nothing but rat look cars would the show survive ? Answer is no, of course not. People like to see and appreciate nice shiney cars, well restored/modded/original and looked after, that's a fact, so I'm not actually sure what your last lines means to be honest. :huh:
......now officially dubless.

Offline posicarl returns

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 12 January 2007, 23:04 »
If its a taste thing id rather have no f**king paint than have 5 doors :evil: :evil: Sick in my f**king mouth :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: