Author Topic: New MK8 GTi owner saying hi with some questions  (Read 5580 times)

Offline Tony Jazz

• Not said much yet
Re: New MK8 GTi owner saying hi with some questions
« Reply #30 on: 11 December 2023, 20:45 »
Hi Bing VW and welcome.
As you can see, there is always helpful advice from fellow Mk8 GTI owners within the posts. Enthusiasts with just about every issue with the Mk 8 covered; better advice here than from some VW Dealers IMO!
Another source of advice {well I think so} is the Volkswizard You Tube channel. Apologies if you are already aware, but if not have a look.
He purchased a Mk8 GTI Clubby a few months after me early 2021. His videos covering ownership, tips and advice lasted the length of time he owned the car which was almost 3 years.
Good luck and happy motoring.

Mk 8 GTI DSG.
Moonstone Grey.
Purchased new in Nov 2020 by me.
Accessories:
Racing Line RL360 Gunmetal Grey 19"Alloys. Tyres are new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6. Both fitted 20/10/23.
Racing Line R600 Air filter system/hoses.
Racing Line High Performance Ignition Packs {Red}.

Offline BingVW

• Not said much yet
Re: New MK8 GTi owner saying hi with some questions
« Reply #31 on: 17 January 2024, 23:07 »
Hey guys,

Happy new year all.  So had the car a few months now and really enjoying it however I think I've got my first issue so the right hand paddle shifter seems to have a more noticeable 'click sound and feel' to the left hand side one.   Also the indicastor ddoes not auto cancel when turning left. 

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks
Mk2 16v GTi - Past
Mk2 VR6 transplant - Past
Mk8 GTi  Moonstone grey- Current
997 Turbo manual - Cobolt Blue- Current