Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287678 times)

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #320 on: 11 September 2009, 12:46 »
I find it very strange that the two teams Alonso has driven for recently, ie, McLaren and Renault have both been in the centre of bad press whilst he has been there. :undecided:

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #321 on: 11 September 2009, 21:44 »
I find it very strange that the two teams Alonso has driven for recently, ie, McLaren and Renault have both been in the centre of bad press whilst he has been there. :undecided:

Either he's really unpopular or he's a cheating b'stard!  :grin:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

VW BUSH

« Reply #322 on: 11 September 2009, 21:50 »

Either he's really unpopular or he's a cheating b'stard!  :grin:

Whats Spanish for Mono Brow?
did anyone notice that he had had it plucked or is noticing this a bit strange?
Good driver but i dont like him cant take losing

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 12 September 2009, 07:02 »
That would be sooooo good!

I liked the Force India Technical Director after last weeks race:

"This wasn't a fluke, expect to see us right at the front of the grid from now on...."

Yeah alright mate, if you insist.  :rolleyes:

ummm oh oh...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9905.html
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #324 on: 12 September 2009, 14:10 »
The car is quick, but not as quick as people are making out. there still only midfield at best.

the car was very fast at spa, and will be in monza, because all the aero on that car is all set up for low downforce, whereas the cars with alot of downforce such as the brawns struggled to get the setup.

So could have got poll without a slight mistake today, you said you'd thought they'd still be quick at Monza and they are. Interesting to see the race tomorrow and how the FI's do.

I still think they'll be running top of the field for the rest of the season, the car looks in brilliant shape.

nick

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #325 on: 12 September 2009, 14:17 »
humble pie anyone  :grin:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #326 on: 12 September 2009, 15:39 »
Ross Braun summed it up quite well i think at the end of the race.. main KERS threat are in front of him, button and bari both on a single stop strategy, so is Kovi though, so looking like it could set out to be a good race.. if Hami gets a good launch, him and Raki will f**k off into the distance.. and have to try and make up 20 odd seconds on 4/5/6 who are running a single stop.. i think that Sutil will drop down to 8th if he cant keep up with the ferrari and the mclaren over the distance..as Ross said.. lots of run off at 1st corner.. means everyone should get through ok.. should make for an interesting race.. especially if kovi end ups holding up bari and button...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

adamrob69

« Reply #327 on: 12 September 2009, 16:10 »
Just like valencia, mclaren have it in the bag if they want the win. Heikki is in the best position if he is indeed one stopping, he has a good car and kers. So he is probably best place for the win, or if mclaren dont trust that he will run a faultess race (which so far he hasnt managed to do) he can be used to slow the pack up while the 3 at the front race off, which will give hamilton the best chance, aswell this way, force indian have a great chance of podium again. I supose it rests on how much hamilton meant that he is still going to try for championship success, or if it was tongue in cheek!

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #328 on: 12 September 2009, 16:37 »
Regardless of if he believes he can still win the champ.. Hami will go out there to win tomorrow and win big style.. i think its on.....

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #329 on: 13 September 2009, 14:21 »
well thats made it interesting @ brawn  :cool: Ross has got some interesting tactics to play out in the last 4 races  :laugh:

and oooops a daisy for Hamilton  :grin: big impact  :shocked: