Author Topic: Superchips on the scene with the mk7 GTI...  (Read 5076 times)

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
Re: Superchips on the scene with the mk7 GTI...
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2014, 02:11 »
Guys i have just fitted a DTUK FSR tuning box and am more than happy with it....the power seems to kick in just before 4000rpm and that gives you plenty of grunt when you are looking for it...below is the figures from DTUK web site

Make / Model GOLF VII 2.0 TSI 230PS GTI (Performance Pack)
Standard KW (PS) 169 (230 PS)
Tuned KW (PS) 205  (280 PS)
Standard Torque  350 Nm  Tuned Torque 410 Nm

So happy bunny with these figures.. :evil: :whistle:
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2014, 05:36 »

I meant to exonians reply, if apr half inch some tech or knowledge from VW for their racing how are revo working on it too, why can't superchips whose main income is off the bluefin not be able to go through the obd? Seems odd to me

We can only guess! No doubt there will be a few 'in the know' people out there sworn to secrecy but looking at history and REVO and APR being the first VAG tuners (when they were pretty much tied in together all those years ago) to do OBD tuning, and both having seen their businesses grow massively over the last 12 or so years - I'd guess it was all down to who they employ to crack ECUs and within that the money they throw at it which is basically their core business.
The personnel have changed in both companies a fair bit over the years and no doubt there are loads of young software writers who have appeared within their ranks (whatever happened to Richard Washbrook?) but these companies have to stay at the forefront. Even the German tuners are lagging behind there and I think unless the OBD tuning really is more or less invisible to dealer investigation a lot of people will still err towards the plug-in's especially if you're on PCP or Leasing where a voided warranty would be a big violation of your terms and conditions!!!!

Still, it's early days and all interesting stuff - keeps us entertained!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2014, 17:12 »
Hi
I also have the dtuk box on my GTI PP and its a very good unit pulls like a bull now..
Mike
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2014, 10:56 »
APR and Revo are all over FB with reference to figures and Beta testing so obvious the OBD element has been sorted just a question of when they are happy for them to go to market

APR and Revo both have Rs on their fleet which are also plastered over FB so its obvious they are working on it

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 13 June 2014, 18:18 »
Yeah they have been working on them forever..iv been in touch with Revo who keep saying almost there every month..
1 day it will come good tho.
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 June 2014, 19:05 »
An apr comment response on their fb (I know I'm sad but I check as its best place to get updates) say within 30 days, that was 3 days ago so we shall see in 27 days...
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 15 June 2014, 19:27 »
Sat 12 July, I'll be ticking the days off the calendar.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 15 June 2014, 22:24 »
I rung Superchip and it does't sounds like this is a straight forward DIY job! They also only offer a 7 day money back guarantee only. They don't offer the usual 12 month warranty with this product which concerns me.

I rather wait tip someone develop a product which I can easily install and remove myself just in case the engine fails!

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2014, 10:58 »
I rung Superchip and it does't sounds like this is a straight forward DIY job! They also only offer a 7 day money back guarantee only. They don't offer the usual 12 month warranty with this product which concerns me.

I rather wait tip someone develop a product which I can easily install and remove myself just in case the engine fails!

as the systems require us to adjust boost, then youre always going to have to remove the boost plug from the underside of the car unless VW decided to move the position of this sensor.
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2014, 14:49 »

as the systems require us to adjust boost, then youre always going to have to remove the boost plug from the underside of the car unless VW decided to move the position of this sensor.

Have you looked at doing a loom that plugs in between the ECU itself and the car loom?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG