Author Topic: Door Defenders  (Read 2182 times)

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
Door Defenders
« on: 10 June 2014, 18:50 »
Thinking of getting these. Anyone got a view if they're worth it or not?
http://3490818.test.prositehosting.co.uk/details.php?prodId=33&category=1&secondary=&keywords=
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline mistertee

• GTI forum regular
Re: Door Defenders
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2014, 19:00 »
They'll work.. But they look a bit silly stuck to the side of the car, or you can use them as nunchucks :)

You could go for the invisible film

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2014, 20:07 »
I could understand something like that for the company car park or your garage wall but i suspect they'd go walkies on the supermarket run! They'll most likely do more damage than good when attaching/removing if the car is dirty, oh and the main reason not to get them is they look rediculous! >:D

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2014, 20:21 »
They do look ridiculous, but if it stops those annoying door dents its well worth it, not sure how easy it wood be to attach the anti thief proof tether to the car.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2014, 20:41 »
the 'thief-proof' tether appears to be a-la tennis ball on a (steel) rope - throw the ball in the car, close door on rope

Seriously though how quick will you tire of putting them on (aside from how they look....).

MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2014, 21:19 »
I prefer the home made look

Surely the OP is taking the piss?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2014, 08:55 »
As a person that avoids public car parks and parks miles away from people that don't give a sh!t if they wack your car with there doors these do look like they would do the job but how ridiculous do they look  :shocked:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2014, 09:45 »
I'd buy them, but only to whack people on the head with if you catch them hitting your car  :grin:

mjh_056

« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2014, 13:21 »
I could understand something like that for the company car park or your garage wall but i suspect they'd go walkies on the supermarket run! They'll most likely do more damage than good when attaching/removing if the car is dirty, oh and the main reason not to get them is they look rediculous! >:D

All can say is second all of that  :smiley: