Author Topic: Whirring noise from rear of car  (Read 2851 times)

Offline christeasdale

• Not said much yet
Whirring noise from rear of car
« on: 07 June 2014, 22:27 »
Not sure if this is normal and if it's always been there but there is what sounds like road noise coming from the rear of the car. Don't think it's noise from the tyres as it would be from the front too but it's as if noise is coming from the rear wheels. Anyone else noticed this? 

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Whirring noise from rear of car
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2014, 07:22 »
Have you got the pressures correct? Are the tyres wearing evenly?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2014, 09:22 »
Chris: This would be a massive coincidence, but are you related to a John Teasdale who used to work at Chemson, North Shields? He was my boss about 13 years ago when I was there, and he lived in Newton Aycliffe. Must be about 60 years old now and was a bit radgy at work because he disliked Chemson almost as much as me.

Sounds like sawtooth wear on rear tyres.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2014, 09:28 »
Probably the old Bridgestones sawtoothing.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline christeasdale

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2014, 16:47 »
No relation I'm afraid. As for the tyres mine came with Dunlops as I have the 19s. Sounds like it might be coming from the rear passenger side wheel. Not sure if coincidence but on a morning when I pull away there is some slight break noise/squeal as I brake at the end of the drive