Author Topic: Can I ask a favour?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
Can I ask a favour?
« on: 06 June 2014, 18:55 »
After some scrot keyed my tailgate  :angry: it's back from the bodyshop looking the business again. Only thing still to do is attach the GTi badge ( £25 + vat by the way :laugh:)

I was wonder if someone could be kind and measure the distance from the bottom and side please so I can put it back where it was. :smiley:

Offline VWcezGTI7

• Not said much yet
Re: Can I ask a favour?
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2014, 19:50 »
Okay so I just measured it and this is the approximate scale location for the badge. From the bottom of the letter "I" to the bottom of the boot opening where there is a gap between the bumper and door, I got ~10.6 cm. From the side of the letter "G" to the crack of the trunk door, it was ~3.3 cm. Now keep in mind this is not the exact measurement as I don't have the correct tools for it at the moment (used a ruler... I know :whistle:) but I'm sure it's pretty damn close to what I came up with. Hope this helps!

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2014, 19:58 »
Great thanks! Been tempted to leave it without it as it looks pretty mean in black pearl but at 30 quid it's going on!!

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2014, 20:17 »
Great thanks! Been tempted to leave it without it as it looks pretty mean in black pearl but at 30 quid it's going on!!

You don't wanna know what VW pay their supplier for it.... the margin is about 25 (i.e. 2500%) :D
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles