Author Topic: Gearbox failure  (Read 8042 times)

Offline mrzen

• Not said much yet
Re: Gearbox failure
« Reply #40 on: 12 June 2014, 17:55 »
Hello 'Gearbox Failure' followers...

OK, so I got the car back last night, firstly, the paintwork is immaculate and I can't tell the difference. Secondly the gearbox is also fixed and working well - fingers crossed it won't happen again. I have my car back and I'm happy again.

The MD got very upset with the suggestion that the mistake on the registration was done on purpose to massage the sales figures and offered to prove that his commission scheme doesn't work in that way, so I will take him at his word and leave it at that.

I've still not had an apology from anyone at dealership or any sign of an admission that the damage to the bumper occurred on their watch, so that is a shame for them. They need to sort out their customer relationship management, and I will need to sort out another dealership to take my car to for servicing and warranty work (hopefully not!).

As for those who suggested I should have returned the car - this wouldn't have been possible, the garage have taken reasonable steps to repair the malfunctioning gearbox and have repaired the damage they caused to my satisfaction. Although I was without my car, they took steps to provide me with suitable alternatives and the Scirocco, whilst a little asthmatic, was quite fun and just proved to me how much better the new mk7 format is now I have it back...

Hopefully that's that... I'll let you know if there are any other developments.
Current
2014 GTI, PP, DSG, 5 door, Nav, Tungsten Silver
2009 Audi A4 2.0 TDI Estate

Previous
2008 Audi A3 Sportback S-line 170 TDI DSG/Stronic
2004 VW Golf V 2.0 TDI 140 Manual
1999 BMW 325i M-Sport

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: Gearbox failure
« Reply #41 on: 12 June 2014, 18:11 »
Make sure you absolutely rev the nuts off (when oil is warm) that gear box just to check it's a-ok ;)