Author Topic: Golf GTE  (Read 6345 times)

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
Re: Golf GTE
« Reply #30 on: 21 February 2014, 15:45 »
I think the entire business milage policy will have a major overhaul soon. The figures that are out now won't be viable to these modern hybrids.

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline TigerERA004

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 21 February 2014, 20:03 »
If the real vs claimed fuel economy figures of the other GTx's are anthing to go by the GTE will be lucky to see 100 mpg  :smiley:
Golf GTD 5dr Carbon Grey. Arrived in UK. 11th March 2014

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 07 June 2014, 16:02 »
The economy is going to depend on your average journey distance.  I sometimes get a work Pool car and the Toyota Auris or Prius Hybrids will struggle to achieve over 60 mpg on a long journey, but in town the mpg creeps up.  It's the opposite with my GTD.  Try as hard as I could the other week, I couldn't top 62.1 mpg in the Auris, but managed 63.3 mpg in my GTD.

Problem with the Auris I had the other week is the battery is pathetic.  I managed about a mile on EV alone before it went from mostly charged to hardly charged, and the engine kicked in.

As a fairly sedentary driver I can't wait for the GTE to come out...I've already spoken to my local VW Dealership to register my interest.  Never bought a brand new car before...the GTE will probably be the first.  I'm thinking Night Blue Metallic will look good, with the blue grill stripe and blue brake calipers.  :laugh:
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.