Author Topic: Official accessories: Any of you had anything?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
Official accessories: Any of you had anything?
« on: 18 February 2014, 13:01 »
So, just looking through the accessories list. Some are silly money but others seem reasonable. I'm tempted by the wind deflectors. Also I'm tempted by the plug and play sub  :whistle: anyone bought this or heard it, does it make a big difference?
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline stiggy786

• GTI forum regular
Re: Official accessories: Any of you had anything?
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2014, 13:45 »
I'm not sure whether anybody who buys this https://volkswagenstore.co.uk/products/mens-r-collection-winter-jacket for that price is mentally stable enough to drive a 300bhp car.
**Mk7 GTI**5 door**Manual**Performance Pack**Pure White**Discover Nav**Panoramic Roof**Keyless**AutoGlym**3yr Service Plan**Ordered Oct 2013**BW46**

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2014, 14:40 »
That price is unjustifiably disgusting!!!!
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2014, 14:48 »
I'm not sure whether anybody who buys this https://volkswagenstore.co.uk/products/mens-r-collection-winter-jacket for that price is mentally stable enough to drive a 300bhp car.

Is that the “R U 4 Real?” edition jacket? Got a free Volkswagen Motorsport umbrella out of the transport pucks not removed in PDI debacle, my only official VW merchandise, apart from a few scale models of past VWs (MK5 R32 etc).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mk1Macca

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2014, 09:59 »
Kindly donated by my dealer, I have the following:

Rubber Golf branded front and rear mats
Premium boot liner
VW branded dust caps
Sill protectors

All of them are ace, except the boot liner, which is useless and had I paid the £55 or whatever it costs, i'd be pissed off. It's just horrible cheap plastic. Anti-slip my arse, everything rattles around waaaaaay more now.

The rubber mats are ace though and i'ver ordered some for my wives Mk7 as they look great and are much better in this sh!tty weather.

The sill protectors also look really good and offer nice protection in that particularly vulnerable area - but at £125 are very, very steep for what they actually are. Someone posts a link to buy them much cheaper, which makes more sense as they're worth doing.

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2014, 14:15 »
I have the rubber mats and boot protector (The foam version). Both are excellent.

I saw the hard plastic boot protector in the dealership and it looked cheap and I can see how would rattle and slide around.

I'm going to order the sill protectors.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2014, 15:12 »
Big accessory: I was in Tescos literally two minutes ago and a mark 7 passed me, a highly specced tdi in white but it had a frickin massive spoiler in comparison to what the gti/gtd has as standard, it looked pretty sweet. Is this an aftermarket job or is this something you have to request at the time of order. Looked the dogs bollocks
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2014, 20:32 »
Thermo mug is brilliant, nice little pop up button and just so happens to be the same diameter as the GTI exhaust pipe, fits perfectly in the cup holder and stays hot for a few hours.

Dust caps look great.

GTI towel - well, I like it.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2014, 20:36 »
Big accessory: I was in Tescos literally two minutes ago and a mark 7 passed me, a highly specced tdi in white but it had a frickin massive spoiler in comparison to what the gti/gtd has as standard, it looked pretty sweet. Is this an aftermarket job or is this something you have to request at the time of order. Looked the dogs nuts

Surely after market? unless the R has a bigger spoiler than the GTI/GTD

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2014, 18:33 »
Any one used any other company's for liners etc?
Looking at Travell.co.uk as they have a good reputation. ?
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.