Author Topic: Does the new GTI/GTD have puddle lighting in the door mirrors?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Andy B

• GTI forum regular
I just drove a 1.6 golf diesel Mk7 for 700 miles over easter (a rental car supposedly capable of 80+ mpg... more on that in another post). I noticed that when you unlocked it at night there was no puddle lighting to help you at night.

I've got this on my edition 30 and like it a lot, but I couldn't find any mention of it on the configurator. Does anyone know if this is still a thing, or have they stopped doing it?

Jules Winfield

GT and above come with puddle lights.  It's shown in the price list (under "Comfort and convenience").

Offline Andy B

• GTI forum regular
Thanks! Glad of that. It was a very useful feature which we could have done with on our hire car in the night in the middle of the scottish wilderness.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
I had a good look at a highline model today (same as your GT in the UK I think) and it had LED puddle lights on bottom of mirrors. The interior lights are all white LED's too including the footwell lights. Although these will be red in the GTI I think. Very nice.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.