Author Topic: vag-com 3rd party cable  (Read 1360 times)

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
Re: vag-com 3rd party cable
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2022, 20:14 »
I ordered the 1st gen one and its been dispatched via some strange airlines  :laugh:

Bless ya! No worries thank you though! I may bug you for assistance when my device arrives to change things cos Ive looked at long coding and wtaf!!!

You do remember the first gen doesn't work on iPhones...

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2022, 20:40 »

If you was closer I’d let you borrow mine when needed (I have gen 1 and gen 2) but it’s a bit of a trek from Dudley

I live 4 miles from Dudley.  I have Carista which has let me change quite a lot of things (setting the headlight wash to not spray unless I pull the stalk for 2 seconds was the best) but also lock / unlock bleep, rear light son when hatch is open.  That's about it, does OBD 11 do more than that?

Martin
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2022, 09:56 »
The OBD11 Gen2 is like a miniature VCDS cable, I now have both and the OBD11 is easier to use and can do all the adaptations and long coding the cable can do.  Did all the below with VCDS coding on the OBD11 a friend uses Carista and couldn't figure out 90% of them, not sure if it is the reader or him though.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2022, 18:00 »

If you was closer I’d let you borrow mine when needed (I have gen 1 and gen 2) but it’s a bit of a trek from Dudley

I live 4 miles from Dudley.  I have Carista which has let me change quite a lot of things (setting the headlight wash to not spray unless I pull the stalk for 2 seconds was the best) but also lock / unlock bleep, rear light son when hatch is open.  That's about it, does OBD 11 do more than that?

Martin
all depends what switches you have in the modules of your car, but it gives you access to all the switches (even ones that are not used in the car) you can look at my YouTube page if you like, it shows the acoustic lock/unlock mod done via coding (not app) and see for yourself the difference, but I warn you I don’t play around with anything that would effect the driving of the car like engine, gearbox, lights

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2022, 21:36 »
Ever since I had my Mk5 from new I was convinced it should have had the 'teardrop wipe on front' as standard but my Dealer said 'no', wish I could have it on my Mk7.5 but I suspect I'll never do any re-coding.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2022, 09:17 »
Ahh I know what's happened here with Carista.

I have pretty much all those options on my carista, but there are two versions of carista:

1) is the one out of the box with the normal downloaded app, a fair few options.

2) is if you register for the beta / development version, quite easy to do and free, when you get about 10 x as many options, including all the obd11 ones, and that's the version I have.

Thanks again all.
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2022, 09:49 »
Ever since I had my Mk5 from new I was convinced it should have had the 'teardrop wipe on front' as standard but my Dealer said 'no', wish I could have it on my Mk7.5 but I suspect I'll never do any re-coding.

It would be useful, but I find it’s easy enough to push the wiper stalk down for a single flick wipe and achieve the same outcome as the teardrop wipe.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2022, 14:06 »
I’m sure that’s a option you can change, defo on the back