Author Topic: Selling my GTI -  (Read 2373 times)

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
Re: Selling my GTI -
« Reply #10 on: 09 May 2022, 10:58 »
£23k for a 2017 with 12k miles sounds like somebody got a good deal - auto trader only has a few in that spec all around 24/25k - the market does still seem mad on these.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2022, 15:43 »
Thinking of changing mine soon - PCP is up some time in July. Very torn on whether to stump up the £11k balloon, or to try something else. M2 Competition is on my radar as the front runner. Part of me wants to go electric, but they are just so expensive (for the ones I'm interested) and I'm not sure if I would get on with the lifestyle change, lack of engine noise etc, and I don't know if they'd just be a bit boring for me.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2022, 16:04 »
Thinking of changing mine soon - PCP is up some time in July. Very torn on whether to stump up the £11k balloon, or to try something else.

I'd be getting some valuations from somewhere like Motorway, then pay the balloon and sell it to cash in your equity. You'd probably do better than part exchanging it and letting the dealer tell you how much equity you have in it. That's all well and good tho, as you might need to have to wait for ever for a new car, or pay a premium for a used one.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2022, 16:17 »
Thinking of changing mine soon - PCP is up some time in July. Very torn on whether to stump up the £11k balloon, or to try something else.

I'd be getting some valuations from somewhere like Motorway, then pay the balloon and sell it to cash in your equity. You'd probably do better than part exchanging it and letting the dealer tell you how much equity you have in it. That's all well and good tho, as you might need to have to wait for ever for a new car, or pay a premium for a used one.

Yes I'd definitely be selling privately rather than giving it to the dealer. At the risk of sounding like "i KnOw WhAt I hAve," my GTI is very well specced and doesn't have tons of miles on. It is in need of some TLC (paint scrapes and white worm), but they are easily sorted.

The only other blemish is that it doesn't have a full service history. It has been fully serviced, but it hasn't got a full history, as the garage I used (Vindis Huntingdon) never updated the log book back in 2020, which I only discovered upon taking it to an indie in 2021. Any idea if I can get this sorted?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 09 May 2022, 18:35 »
The only other blemish is that it doesn't have a full service history. It has been fully serviced, but it hasn't got a full history, as the garage I used (Vindis Huntingdon) never updated the log book back in 2020, which I only discovered upon taking it to an indie in 2021. Any idea if I can get this sorted?

If you’ve got the invoice for the service as evidence it was carried out, then get Vindis Huntingdon to update the digital record. Alternatively, if you contact Vindis service department and tell them when the service was carried out, they should be able to backtrack through their service department records and see that they serviced your car, and then update VW’s online system.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2022, 18:47 »
That would be great if they could, otherwise any buyer would just have to take my word for it. I'll give them a try.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 09 May 2022, 19:26 »
That’s strong money  I might think about selling my own 68 plate performance   If  they are making that

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 May 2022, 15:58 »
This week I have been looking at offers for my 2018, 230 6 speed dsg (pre OPF, see strap below) with 14k miles and in immaculate condition. Offers aren’t near £23k. I was able to look at the dealers valuation screens.  I have tried Motorway and CarWow and two local dealers, (Northern Ireland) one was VW, the other not. Offers are around £21k. Selling prices for your own car are now falling but unsurprisingly not for cars you are trying to acquire. I looked at cars similar to mine on the dealers forecourts this week and they are priced around £21 - 22k.  That’s my experience this week.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2022, 16:01 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2022, 21:28 »
WBAC were bidding sub £18k. As I say, I took £23. Which is still a lot cheaper than any other comparable car on sale and the explanation why the buyer travelled 4hrs plus to come and get it. Don’t be put off by the daft bids online. I just took a look at how much cars were advertised at and priced a little under.