Author Topic: Motorprovider Week 30 build slots  (Read 8664 times)

Offline ccaasjf

• Not said much yet
Re: Motorprovider Week 30 build slots
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2007, 07:15 »
All,

I think the one point that keeps me going is that they have got to be in the business of shift cars for a living.

They IMO would not knowingly enter into an agreement which they could not fulfill.

And to top it all you can't buy an GTI any cheaper than what they are offering which is delivered to your personal spec.

Si

Offline John007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2007, 11:16 »
Emailed them again this morning, no further developments unfortunately.

Just said that should be 2nd week in September.

Thats still 3 weeks away  :sad:

Offline duzza

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 22 August 2007, 12:30 »
Emailed them again this morning, no further developments unfortunately.

Just said that should be 2nd week in September.

Thats still 3 weeks away  :sad:

Surely it would be built already if it was to be here by then, or very close at least.
GTI Edition 30, Metalic grey, MFD2, Highline, R32 Wheels

Offline John007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2007, 15:43 »
The car has been built, week 30, its just another month has passed and I have not heard anything about shipping or delivery.

Offline Chris96

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2007, 15:59 »
Hi there folks,

Been following this post with interest.  Emailed motorprovider yesterday and was told that they haven't even built mine yet!  So much for the week 30 build slot!  They are now predicting mine to be delivered 4th week of Sept.

Not a happy bunny!  :angry:

Offline duzza

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2007, 20:56 »
The car has been built, week 30, its just another month has passed and I have not heard anything about shipping or delivery.

That wouldnt happen mate, theyd be desperate to deliver once its built! I would hazard a guess its not built. Feel bad for you, Motor Provider seem to be messing people about big time.
GTI Edition 30, Metalic grey, MFD2, Highline, R32 Wheels

Offline acwats

• GTI forum regular
  • Boys need Toys
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2007, 21:12 »
A quick summary of my communications with them today - (PS I Ordered 1st February)

My car has not been delivered to the dealers and is still in transit from factory to dealer 4 weeks after build week - (it must be moving by barge)

They think  it will arrive at the dealers in approx 7-12 days but are not able to confirm.

They are too busy and either do not have enough resource,or effective communications channels and processes to find out - my words put to them in an email that they wrote "correct" against and returned to me!

They have 700 cars to ship and are very busy - I should expect delivery in the 2nd week of September.

Shocking service!
Confidence at an all time low - I can't believe £20k assets move through a supply chain in such an uncontrolled manner and given Chris96's comments start to make me think...... been here before.

Mid Life crisis history:2000 Yamaha Fazer 600
2002 Westfield 1800 (built it too!)
1987 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Targa SE
MkV GTI DSG

Offline John007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 23 August 2007, 12:35 »
Something really does sound dodgey, You would think that they would want to get the cars here as quickly as possible so that they can make there money.

Is it VW or is it Motorprovider that is the question,

Why is everybody getting different stories?

Offline Matt22

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 23 August 2007, 16:17 »
Hi,

Am brand-spanking-new to this forum...  have been tracking several threads here for the last month as I wait for my new GTi to be delivered. I ordered through MotorProvider near the beginning of June and they quoted a 16 week delivery time (a long time, but I can deal with it if I can save a few grand).... anyway, I've mailed them a couple of times since I ordered (last time was last week), and they are still claiming that all is on track and my delivery date stands (build date around week 37-38)....

So, by the sounds of you guys on this post, I should not be surprised to get a letter in the post soon to announce a delay?? ... or have VW just had a manufacturing nightmare for Gti's around week30 only.

I certainly won't be impressed  :cry: , if I keep being told everything is all 'on track' only to be told at the last minute that I might have to wait another x weeks.

So... if I'm being told everything is OK now (i.e. 5 weeks before delivery)... can I expect them to deliver  on this quote?? .... or do I have to keep my fingers crossed??

Cheers.

Offline John007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 23 August 2007, 16:24 »
I would cross everything that you can,

The week 30 cars were originally meant to be built in week 26,

We were assured that everything was on track until a week before the build date arrived.

I hope for your sake that everything is on track as many of us are now getting p****** off with the wait and lack of communication from MP.