Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787068 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #720 on: 05 March 2015, 10:35 »
What is "tear drop"?

Its a song by Massive Attack... :rolleyes:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #721 on: 05 March 2015, 12:49 »
Anyone know if the inner Golf 7R drl can be made brighter to match the outer?  Thanks.
Anyone cracked this yet?  Thanks.

I think you'll need a new light unit as I think it was confirmed the headlights are actually different.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #722 on: 05 March 2015, 14:38 »
Anyone know if the inner Golf 7R drl can be made brighter to match the outer?  Thanks.
Anyone cracked this yet?  Thanks.

I think you'll need a new light unit as I think it was confirmed the headlights are actually different.
I've got an "R" mate so it has the inner DRL, but when you look at them straight on, the inner is slightly dimmer and I would like it as bright as the outer. :evil:

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #723 on: 05 March 2015, 15:36 »
I've got an "R" mate so it has the inner DRL, but when you look at them straight on, the inner is slightly dimmer and I would like it as bright as the outer. :evil:

Ah yeah, reading the posts back that is apparent. Silly me. Have you tried doing the 100% DRL brightness code on your R and seeing the results?

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #724 on: 05 March 2015, 16:40 »

Ah yeah, reading the posts back that is apparent. Silly me. Have you tried doing the 100% DRL brightness code on your R and seeing the results?
No, need to find someone with a VCDS (in Darlington) as I've got a couple of things I would like doing.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #725 on: 05 March 2015, 17:29 »
What is "tear drop"?

It is where the water runs down the screen after the initial wiping motion and the car then swipes the wiper one last time after a short delay.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #726 on: 05 March 2015, 18:52 »

No, need to find someone with a VCDS (in Darlington) as I've got a couple of things I would like doing.
I'm in Sunderland if that's any good to you Trev
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #727 on: 05 March 2015, 19:38 »

I'm in Sunderland if that's any good to you Trev
Cheers mate, noted. :smiley:

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #728 on: 05 March 2015, 21:02 »

Well I'm near Durham mate (slightly closer than mcmaddy) but work in Teesside if you need anything.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #729 on: 06 March 2015, 05:31 »
What is "tear drop"?

It is where the water runs down the screen after the initial wiping motion and the car then swipes the wiper one last time after a short delay.

Armoir: Thanks for answering on my behalf - but I suspect that the question was rhetoric and that it was Fred and Graham's thinly veiled attempt at humour in pointing out the error in my typing. Found that when you post on these forums, it pays to let such comments slide!

Anyway, hope that the tweak works on your car
« Last Edit: 06 March 2015, 05:33 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)