Author Topic: Mac lovers  (Read 859 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Mac lovers
« on: 13 July 2011, 20:26 »
Got an old eMac with a failed hard drive/OS that I want to get running again for the kids. It has a folder on boot with flashing question mark I think this indicates hard drive or OS failure from what I've read. It had Tiger on before the crash and subsequent replacement with an iMac almost 2 years ago, I've got the Tiger CD around somewhere so should be able to reinstall it.

What I want to know is, did they use PATA or SATA in these?
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: Mac lovers
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2011, 20:59 »
If it wasn't a Mac, wouldn't be having those issues....  :lipsrsealed:
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2011, 21:20 »
 :grin: shhh now, I want an answer from the Mac geeks so I can pick up the right drive type.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2011, 23:10 »
I thought as much, ta. Got an old 80Gb PATA in my PC I could knick. Doesn't sound like an easy task getting it out...  :undecided:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2011, 23:45 »
I can't find the damned installation CD/DVD and none on torrents either  :undecided: It'll have to be Ubuntu or FreeBSD I guess.

Torrent found, no seeders according to tpb but it's downloading 14% done, hopefully will get the rest too.
« Last Edit: 15 July 2011, 23:52 by Jay »

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2011, 07:12 »
have a look on isohunt. they seem to have a couple of OSX 10.4 Tiger's available with seeders.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2011, 10:46 »
I've got a OSX Tiger disk somewhere but its for intel only :(

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2011, 11:02 »
thanks got the only one on isohunt downloading, the tpb one stopped at 23% the isohunt one has done 28%. It doesn't bother me if it runs Ubuntu or BSD as it's going to my daughter, but she wants the same as her grandad  :rolleyes: I doubt the Reading store will have a PPC disc as it's a new store (I think).