Author Topic: New GTD Reviews  (Read 135861 times)

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: New GTD Reviews
« Reply #110 on: 02 July 2013, 09:42 »
Carbon Steel Grey GTD. Lovely colour!  :smiley:

http://youtu.be/fKAWfqo6egA
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #111 on: 02 July 2013, 09:49 »
Stunning!  :smiley: Mine is getting built as we speak! :wink:
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #112 on: 02 July 2013, 10:15 »
Stunning!  :smiley: Mine is getting built as we speak! :wink:

Lucky you Iain, mine's not even got a build week, despite the order going through on the 9th April  :cry:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #113 on: 02 July 2013, 10:31 »
mine's not even got a build week, despite the order going through on the 9th April  :cry:

I bet you're BW34 or 35.  9th Apr is too early to be later than this unless something happened to delay your order.

mjh_056

« Reply #114 on: 02 July 2013, 10:39 »
Carbon Steel Grey GTD. Lovely colour!  :smiley:

http://youtu.be/fKAWfqo6egA

Wheels look great with the Carbon too :) They deifinitely a feature.

Shame we do not get the red calipers here and does not even look like they are painted grey, though things might change a little once the flow of GTI/GTD increases from these first ones off the boat.

mjh_056

« Reply #115 on: 02 July 2013, 16:42 »
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/astra/64778/vauxhall-astra-biturbo

GTD is readily reviewed against the GTI, mainly in line with preference but a review of a direct or very near (little cheaper) rival

Stacks up quite poorly really when consider more power and torque, yet slower and by all accounts far less refined. Also worse MPG and Emissions.

This GTD engine in the GTI suit is going to be very hard to beat in direct comparison to any sport diesel out there.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2013, 16:49 by mjh_056 »

mjh_056

« Reply #116 on: 02 July 2013, 22:34 »
http://www.raccars.co.uk/news/article/2418/2013-volkswagen-golf-gtd-road-test

Do not remember seeing this one but a well balanced review that gives full kudos to the GTI but without using it as a stick to beat the GTD with  :wink:

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #117 on: 02 July 2013, 23:29 »
mine's not even got a build week, despite the order going through on the 9th April  :cry:

I bet you're BW34 or 35.  9th Apr is too early to be later than this unless something happened to delay your order.

I ordered keyless entry after the initial order (about 4 weeks after) and yes Bill, the dealer is telling me week 34/35.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #118 on: 02 July 2013, 23:35 »

I ordered keyless entry after the initial order (about 4 weeks after) and yes Bill, the dealer is telling me week 34/35.

Congrats Sam, feels good to get an actual date don't it? :laugh:

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #119 on: 02 July 2013, 23:39 »

Congrats Sam, feels good to get an actual date don't it? :laugh:

Well that's unofficial Bill! Would like an earlier build week if possible, but looking forward to the Autumn  :wink: