Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288260 times)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2140 on: 26 March 2011, 21:52 »
it'll be interesting when theres four of them within a second of each other and the second in line does that!  :grin:

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2141 on: 27 March 2011, 03:56 »
david hunt changes his tune again.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90266

maybe things are looking good for team lotus in the court case and he wants to be on the right side?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2142 on: 27 March 2011, 09:01 »
Was a good race.

Nick

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2143 on: 27 March 2011, 09:16 »
Not a bad race. I was hoping lewis would have been a bit closer after the 1st pitstop and maybe then challenge seb. But after the winter mclaren have had its a bloody good result.

Can't wait for the next race now.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2144 on: 27 March 2011, 09:34 »
shame redbull seems so dominant again. 1st race so we'll see.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2145 on: 27 March 2011, 15:10 »
Out of a corner the car infront yes will have better traction so KERS will NOT help the driver behind close the gap for another run onto the next straight or corner.

I have corrected that for you lol. As I say, the guy in front can get on the throttle earlier AND carry more speed onto a straight due to better front and rear grip. Assuming he has seen the guy behind comming and hasnt already spent his kers allowance for the lap he has more than enough room to counter the attack and block it off. I think the cases you mention were probably between Kers and non-Kers cars but my memory just isnt nearly that good, I certainly cant remember many people equiped with Kers repeatedly overtaking other Kers equiped cars though I can distinctly remember people without it being baulked repeatedly and very easily with perhaps only kobayashi and the brawns ever managing to do a Kers car but as I say, I dont really remember too clearly  :smiley:.

I think Jenson Button used the DRS and KERS to a great effect dfown the pit straight a couple of times. Definitely worked in my opinion. Combined with a good slip stream and the addition of the two systems the pass was made more available down the straight. This system is going to work great in the next race as there are very long straights at Sepang! Without the system Massa could have really destroyed Buttons race as you would have seen so many times in years gone, prime example Petrov wrecking Alonso's Champonship dream in the final race last season

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2146 on: 27 March 2011, 15:56 »
Sorry but I just dont see that at all and I hate to tell you this but Massa DID destroy Jensons race completely. If neither had Kers the effect would have been exactly the same lol. Jenson was massively faster than Massa in terms of outright pace in the corners (the only way you stand a chance of sticking to the guy in front of you when that close) and yet, despite the fact he could use the DRS on the pit straight where it should count (admittedly a poor choice by the regulators but..) as well as Kers he just couldnt get past him through a straight line advantage. The only place he stood a chance was at the point in the track that was likely to send him off which was only acheived by getting a sustained tow and not through full on Kers usage anyway. This was backed up by the fact that Alonso pulled them both in with absolutely no problem pointing to Massa slowing them both down significantly which, seemingly by your logic, should make him easy prey. Kers vs Kers = stalemate which leaves you back in the same position as neither car having it. Its a waste of time, money, resources and bloody criminal the way they let them use batteries. Add in red bulls not using it at all and the case is more than made for me lol. The DRS seemed to help some people (though by no means lots of people) but Kers is no advantage to anyone when they all have it.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #2147 on: 27 March 2011, 16:18 »
I like the Brundle/Coulthard double act on commentry - seems to work well.

However, I can guarantee that Brundle will say these phrases almost every weekend:

1) "(insert driver's name) is absolutely FLYING!"

2) "He's absolutely MIGHTY through there"

3) "That's straight to the scene of the accident"

He didn't say the 3rd one today but only because there weren't any accidents...  :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2148 on: 27 March 2011, 18:42 »
Saubers are disqualified...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/3/11874.html

.... I hope lewis doesn't get penalised for his plank, the only thing that shocked me this weekend was why they didn't tell Jenson to just let Massa past
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2149 on: 27 March 2011, 19:17 »
I am wondering what was up with Webber or were Redbull being dirty.

Christian Horner didn't seem very impressed with his drive both in quali and his race pace.
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D