Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382815 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1200 on: 31 August 2012, 12:19 »
What a major fail. The dealership should have done the right thing and let you run about in the white one until the new one with correct colour turned up. This happened at my local dealer when an extra wasn't included!!
Anyway glad you got a better deal.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1201 on: 31 August 2012, 12:20 »
Can you help me out with the colour choice please..... in two minds and its driving me nuts  :undecided:

Poll as below:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=236985.0

Gotta be blue ! :cool:

Order changed to blue  :smiley:

I've had an interesting and stressful last few days to say the least.

Long story but remember me changing my order from Alpine White to Estoril Blue....... well guess what the car turned up in the country in frigging white! I only noticed the cock up when the dealership sent the car registration documents through to me on Wednesday for signature. Thank god I wasn't there to pick it up as there would have been blood on the forecourt.

Don't get me wrong I love white as I had a cw gti of course. However, I had my heart set on the Estoril Blue. I wasn't prepared to do the British thing and accept anything less even with compensation offered. After all the whole point of ordering a new car is to get the car and specification you want.

Anyway.... after the major clanger by the dealership I've binned them and re-ordered with another dealership.

The good thing that has come out of this is I've managed to negotiate 2k's worth of extras on the new order for the same price as the old car. So I've now added 'M Sport Adaptive suspension', 'Electric Sunroof' and 'BMW Service Inclusive Plus'. Got 9% of the price of the car all in all.

The other plus is the new dealership have a couple of 125i M Sports on order which are just about to go into production. My specification can be added to these cars so the delivery might not be so bad (fingers crossed).

What a palava!  The wait continues......

p.s still wasn't tempted to order the 135 before someone comments

Now that is one hell of a cock up :angry:

Good to hear that you've come out of it with extras tho... :cool: So have the new dealership given you any sort of timeline regarding delivery?

Looking at 4-6 weeks best.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1202 on: 31 August 2012, 12:24 »
Martin

not good but every cloud and all that....

Roll on October eh?!

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1203 on: 31 August 2012, 12:24 »
that is a cock up!! got you 2k worth of free goodies though  :cool:

Yes it was meant to be in that sense. The 5 year/60k free servicing including all parts is a big plus. Especially as BMW seem to have high servicing costs. I'm looking forward to having a car with adaptive suspension as well. Never had this option on the gti and its probably even better suited to the 1 series in view of the runflat tyres.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1204 on: 31 August 2012, 12:32 »
What a major fail. The dealership should have done the right thing and let you run about in the white one until the new one with correct colour turned up. This happened at my local dealer when an extra wasn't included!!

I would have had no qualms if they had offered me the white car as a loan car but this wasn't the case. In fact it was the opposite they said the most they could offer any sort of loan car to a customer was 1-2 weeks.

I was also pee'd off that they tried scaremonger tactics in telling me that I couldn't have a blue one until December if I re-ordered. Basically they were trying to force me into taking the white one which I saw through.

When I cancelled the order and got my deposit back all of a sudden they could do October if I ordered today as they had pulled some strings with bmw factory.

No thanks changed dealers and got a 2k better deal including more options.

« Last Edit: 31 August 2012, 12:44 by MAW73 »

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1205 on: 31 August 2012, 12:39 »
You did the right thing. Some dealers can be so arrogant in thinking that customers will just lie down and roll over.

I dare say the last 6 weeks has gone by fairly quickly, so the next 6 weeks will fly by too.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #1206 on: 31 August 2012, 13:20 »
Not a BMW but going to view a GTD tomorrow with the GF.

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1207 on: 31 August 2012, 13:24 »

I would have had no qualms if they had offered me the white car as a loan car but this wasn't the case. In fact it was the opposite they said the most they could offer any sort of loan car to a customer was 1-2 weeks.

I was also pee'd off that they tried scaremonger tactics in telling me that I couldn't have a blue one until December if I re-ordered. Basically they were trying to force me into taking the white one which I saw through.

When I cancelled the order and got my deposit back all of a sudden they could do October if I ordered today as they had pulled some strings with bmw factory.

No thanks changed dealers and got a 2k better deal including more options.

Glad you stuck to your guns, I'm sure the time will fly by...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1208 on: 05 September 2012, 14:49 »
Having finally seen the mk7 pics I can now say that a two year old mk6 R or ex-demo mk7 GTI currently top my list (subject to seeing the mk3 Leon Cupra)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Jimmymature

« Reply #1209 on: 05 September 2012, 22:56 »
Having finally seen the mk7 pics I can now say that a two year old mk6 R or ex-demo mk7 GTI currently top my list (subject to seeing the mk3 Leon Cupra)

Hi mate, long time no see!

You've seen the MK7? Where? The only pics i've seen are mock-ups!