Author Topic: Mk7.5 PP - High Beam Assist  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
Mk7.5 PP - High Beam Assist
« on: 04 January 2024, 17:21 »
Hi guys,

Happy New Year to you all :)

Does anyone know if this was an option on our cars and is it something that can be programmed or retrofitted?

Our other car has it and the previous one had it too.  The area we live in has a lot of dark spots, so rather than flicking on and off all the time, its a great little thing to have.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Nilz

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 PP - High Beam Assist
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2024, 18:06 »
I believe it was a cost option, if it’s standard, I’ve never found it.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Online jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2024, 20:47 »
My OBDeleven arrived today so I've had a look through all the apps to see what's what. High beam assist is on there for 100 credits (~£16), but it says "Vehicle must have Lane Assist" due to requiring a front assist camera. Lane Assist is also on OBDeleven for 100 credits, and "must have a multi-function camera installed" for this.

My car (MY18) also doesn't have either of these fitted from factory. Does anyone know how to check if these will work if activated in OBDeleven? Would rather not waste a few quid if I can help it...

Sorry to go off on a tangent slightly Nilz, but hopefully this might help you out too!
« Last Edit: 04 January 2024, 21:26 by jh_97 »
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2024, 21:25 »
It was standard on the MY 2019 cars like mine - I guess you need to have the right kind of headlights for it to work.

In the blurb mine are listed as - "LED headlamps incl. dynamic cornering light for advanced high-beam control Dynamic Light Assist (without 8WG)" and "LED headlamps for low beam and high beam, with LED separate daytime running light and dynamic cornering light".

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Online jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2024, 22:06 »
In the blurb mine are listed as - "LED headlamps incl. dynamic cornering light for advanced high-beam control Dynamic Light Assist (without 8WG)" and "LED headlamps for low beam and high beam, with LED separate daytime running light and dynamic cornering light".

Interesting, mine says exactly the same, minus the "for advanced high-beam control"...  :huh:
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2024, 08:47 »

Interesting, mine says exactly the same, minus the "for advanced high-beam control"...  :huh:

Ditto, mine ordered in June 2018, actually built in September 2018 but not delivered until the end of December due to the WLTP issues, it’s VIN and VW profile class it as a MY19 but in addition to not having the high beam control it doesn’t have keyless (neither were specd. as standard in the brochure when I ordered the car). I had both on a previous car, rarely used the light assist and hated keyless so never lost any sleep over it.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2024, 15:42 »
I can confirm not standard until safely into MY 19 builds circa Nov 18.
I ordered my car then had to wait on WLTP nonsense and factory did not build my car until last week of MY 18 spec.
I did not intend to register until 3/19 to get the 19 plate.
I expressed my disappointment about missing MY19 spec. Dealer said they would happily re-order but list price had increased by £500.
After 3 yrs I had the proper VW rear camera fitted and coded privately for £500!
In hindsight I wish I had re-ordered but was concerned with risk of further delay so just accepted I have a MY18 spec plus camera.
VW recognise my car as an 18.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2024, 18:41 »
I’d ordered the camera as an option anyway and by the time the ‘real’ MY19 specs were out mine was promised to be delivered about a month later, never really thought about a re-order as like you, so fed up of waiting.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2024, 21:35 »
At least he's not looking to retrofit the pan roof.

VW Retrofit can retrofit high beam assist if you really want it, at a minimum you need the camera and a new windscreen

https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/product/golf-mk7-lane-assist-retrofit/
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 05 January 2024, 23:14 »
At least he's not looking to retrofit the pan roof.

VW Retrofit can retrofit high beam assist if you really want it, at a minimum you need the camera and a new windscreen

https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/product/golf-mk7-lane-assist-retrofit/

Where do I sign😂