Author Topic: Carplay activation - anyone used this company?  (Read 925 times)

Offline StuC

• Just got here
Carplay activation - anyone used this company?
« on: 04 December 2023, 17:40 »
Just got my Mk 7 sans CarPlay/App connect (though it is definitely compatible)

Has anyone bought this to do a self-activation (rather than pay ££ at a dealer) and can comment on it or know anything about it?

https://www.vision-coding.co.uk/products/vw-app-connect-activation

Thanks!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Carplay activation - anyone used this company?
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2023, 18:59 »
I used this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256247654040?hash=item3ba98ce698:g:z8kAAOSwtPhlIemi I thought I would take risk of losing £25. In the end it all worked perfectly.

You send them details they produce the tailored firmware and you copy to sd cards. Supplied instructions and everything, was fast within a few hours and worked a treat on my sisters 15 plate GTI. Provided you are good at following instructions and have a rough idea how to copy files to so cards extra you will be ok.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline StuC

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2023, 20:53 »
Thanks, that does seem very well priced. Interesting that this one specifically says it will invalidate the warranty but I guess that's the same with any of these non-VW solutions. Hopefully just any warranty on the infotainment system, and not the whole car.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2023, 13:33 »
Thanks, that does seem very well priced. Interesting that this one specifically says it will invalidate the warranty but I guess that's the same with any of these non-VW solutions. Hopefully just any warranty on the infotainment system, and not the whole car.

I had to have the USB port upgraded as part of the CarPlay enablement on my Clubsport S. The dealer did this as part of the upgrade at no extra cost. Might not apply to you but mentioning in case it's of use.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR