Author Topic: What to do with my 120k MK7...?  (Read 3831 times)

Offline DSGboy

• Not said much yet
Re: What to do with my 120k MK7...?
« Reply #30 on: 08 December 2023, 13:15 »
This is a good read.  Have to say a GTI/R can stealthily  get under your skin… before you know it.  I had never kept a car for much more than 5 years from new.   I carefully specced a Mk6GTI in 2012; DPB, 18” Monzas, Mirrors, Storage Pack Dynaudio, Cruise….a lovely thing.   I like buying late on in a model cycle when bugs are cleared and kit gets added.  Kept my GTI nearly 7 years, and Part Ex’d for a factory order R in March 2019.  A mistake, should have kept it and used it as our second car.   My fault. It had under 30k when sold and in fab condition. 
I’ve grown to love the R and can’t see a4reason to replace it   Not yet done 9 k miles and in lovely shape.  I’ll give the Mk8 a miss and wadi for the treats an 8.5 brings a couple of years after launch. Maybe An Ed50 could tempt me.
Gone. Mk6 GTI DSG, 2012 ,5dr , DPB, 18’s, Leather, Dynaudio, Cruise, DAB, Auto Mirrors, Storage Pack, TPMS.
Current. Mk7.5 R DSG, 2019, 5dr, DPB,  Pretorias, Leather, Memory Seat,  Climate Screen, Rear Camera, Black Caps