Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2812191 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13160 on: 15 October 2023, 21:05 »
I think the VW badge is part of the flap, I only say that because you can buy the complete flap in black when some de-chrome it rather than use a cut-out vinyl wrap.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13161 on: 15 October 2023, 22:13 »
I think the VW badge is part of the flap, I only say that because you can buy the complete flap in black when some de-chrome it rather than use a cut-out vinyl wrap.

I'll need to look into this a bit more, just looking to get the gloss black inserts fully corrected and it's very tedious by hand.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13162 on: 16 October 2023, 09:21 »
In between watching the rugby I've been sorting the paintwork on the golf, as it's respray plenty of sanding marks removed and a little overspray which ended up on the ppf and glass as well.

Another stage of polishing to bring back the gloss then I'll ceramic coat it all again.

Does anyone know if you can remove the rear VW emblem (chrome section)? Getting a little bit too OCD but I want it sitting 100%.

I’ve used fishing line on other cars to remove badges.

Sorry, totally misread the post and assumed it was the GTI badging you wanted to remove🙄
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #13163 on: 16 October 2023, 09:36 »
In between watching the rugby I've been sorting the paintwork on the golf, after it's respray plenty of sanding marks removed and a little overspray which ended up on the ppf and glass as well.

Another stage of polishing to bring back the gloss then I'll ceramic coat it all again.

Does anyone know if you can remove the rear VW emblem (chrome section)? Getting a little bit too OCD but I want it sitting 100%.

You can remove the chrome. There is a tiny notch out of it at the bottom, I used a small screwdriver. You might want something less scratchy.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13164 on: 16 October 2023, 10:13 »
Day ruiner at the weekend. Got by a multistorey trying to get round a corner with a range rover coming the other way.

mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13165 on: 16 October 2023, 11:55 »
Day ruiner at the weekend. Got by a multistorey trying to get round a corner with a range rover coming the other way.

☹️ A totally crap feeling
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13166 on: 16 October 2023, 14:49 »
Ouch!

Not too bad damage though, a bit of touch up paint or a smart repair and bicycle puncture repair glue to tidy up the tyre should hopefully be enough.

Still gutting though, I know the feeling well
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13167 on: 16 October 2023, 15:58 »
Ouch!

Not too bad damage though, a bit of touch up paint or a smart repair and bicycle puncture repair glue to tidy up the tyre should hopefully be enough.

Still gutting though, I know the feeling well

I know it couldn't really be more minor, specially given the size of the kerb I think it was a lucky escape. Good idea re bicycle repair glue for the tyre.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13168 on: 21 October 2023, 10:47 »
Finished polishing my car late last night ended up going for a 2-stage correction, wiped down with alcohol and will ceramic coat it later on (Yes it will take on even more gloss)

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #13169 on: 21 October 2023, 14:39 »
Fitted an R600 intake, drove for 100 miles, then refitted the standard airbox. It’s now listed for sale in that section of the forum.

Not a fan of the increased induction noise - my excuse is aged related  :laugh:
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI