Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2810660 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5610 on: 07 November 2016, 21:11 »
I'm getting my drive opening widened, like my other next-door neighbour (the nice one) had done. We've got a diagonal wall that comes in from a pillar, robbing you of 5ft opening width and puts the gates 4ft back from where the drive actually starts - stupid design by the house builders.

Might put a letter through all the neighbours doors to tell them to be on alert for vandalism and also say I have submitted CCTV footage to the police. If it is him, he'll be sweating for a few days waiting for a knock on the door (if only I had some footage).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5611 on: 07 November 2016, 21:14 »
Booth: Nope ditched the dashcam when it screwed up a week into ownership, only continuous shooting would've caught it, and that mode fried it.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #5612 on: 07 November 2016, 21:32 »
Someone rear ended me on Thursday. Luckily low speed and just cracked rear bumper. He accepted full liability so his insurance are paying.

Car is now back in the body shop for a new bumper, hopefully no more serious damage. Glad I didn't get the small mark on the bumper from my previous car park incident painted now. Every cloud!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5613 on: 07 November 2016, 21:34 »
Someone rear ended me on Thursday. Luckily low speed and just cracked rear bumper. He accepted full liability so his insurance are paying.

Car is now back in the body shop for a new bumper, hopefully no more serious damage. Glad I didn't get the small mark on the bumper from my previous car park incident painted now. Every cloud!

Good that you can be positive! At least it'll be all shiny and new soon :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5614 on: 07 November 2016, 23:02 »

Oh no, Snooze.  :sad:  Glad it's nothing too major and will be repaired at no cost to you.  Soon be back to its best.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5615 on: 08 November 2016, 17:57 »
Got 2 quotes for my scratch - £360 and £300. Both quoters stated that the blending area will be huge, about 1/3 of the passenger side of the car! If the scratch had been twice as long it would've been the same price.  :shocked:

The £300 quoter did say he'd do my stone chips for nowt so he's got the job - 24th November. Photobucket isn't letting me upload a photo to add here.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #5616 on: 08 November 2016, 18:14 »
Got 2 quotes for my scratch - £360 and £300. Both quoters stated that the blending area will be huge, about 1/3 of the passenger side of the car! If the scratch had been twice as long it would've been the same price.  :shocked:

The £300 quoter did say he'd do my stone chips for nowt so he's got the job - 24th November. Photobucket isn't letting me upload a photo to add here.

Not too bad then seeing as the stone chips are in with that price..
Hope the overall job is done to your expectations  :whistle:

Fingers crossed good luck with it....
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5617 on: 08 November 2016, 21:24 »
The only issue with the blending is the overspray under good light, especially LED.
Its gutting to see it.
Mindless vandalism.
If its going in the drive way get a RING doorbell, it records all motion even at night and notify's you.
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #5618 on: 09 November 2016, 19:11 »

Gd news, diagnosis was just a cracked bumper. Could have my car back as soon as Friday  :smiley:. So fingers crossed!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5619 on: 09 November 2016, 19:14 »

Gd news, diagnosis was just a cracked bumper. Could have my car back as soon as Friday  :smiley:. So fingers crossed!

That's a relief all things considered.  Soon be back in one piece. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11