Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2812506 times)

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4890 on: 07 July 2016, 20:24 »
Booked in for first service on the 26th of this month. Also arranged for a test drive in a Golf R.  My brain must have stopped working. I'd get mugged on trade in but the school holidays means I have 8 weeks to mooch around the showrooms.

Just had 4 days on Anglesey. Damp at times but great fun. Some superb roads and very little traffic. When the Wales match was on the island roads were almost empty. It was like my own island circuit. :cool:

Granny mode drive back home today. ~120 miles. 45.6 mpg. A personal best for me. (Following the school coaches home) :smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 July 2016, 20:28 by Mrparkuk »
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #4891 on: 07 July 2016, 20:39 »
Not been on in a while and done a few bits and bobs done.

Revo stage 1

Revo Badge to match the stage 1

Reno intake

Blue LED interior lights

Also replaced the light in the boot to a white LED and the cornering lights to 5k halogen bulbs to match the Xenons

Unrelated to what I have done, but enjoy a few edited pics :D

Wow. Very jealous!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4892 on: 07 July 2016, 21:20 »
Any plans to enhance it in any way bearing in mind it's a Rental?

I will put the S2T paddles on it, I've may through the Revo or VWR intake on it and maybe one of my spare sets of alloys, i fancy some VW Motorsport ones in 18" I sort of like its understatement

Only mod to date is a luggage net in the boot which is coming in handy

Looks great, and see you've put it straight to work.

Just about devoured a super king bed frame from there, round 2 should be easier next time now i know how remove the headrests

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4893 on: 08 July 2016, 17:37 »
Nothing exciting but a small disappointment. Car is pretty minging so I made a start by washing the wheels and the filthy plastic sill and bumper plastics. Also gave the glass a good clean after a trip last weekend left the windscreen splattered with kamikaze bugs. Which is where the disappointment comes in, a crack in the screen. I remember hearing a loud impact last weekend but hadn't noticed any damage. Not sure about this, repairable or a replacement needed? Tried to photo it but my crappy tablet just can't capture it but there's a tiny chip with a single crack about an inch in length just below and to the left of the rearview mirror (as you look from outside).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4894 on: 08 July 2016, 18:31 »
Nothing exciting but a small disappointment. Car is pretty minging so I made a start by washing the wheels and the filthy plastic sill and bumper plastics. Also gave the glass a good clean after a trip last weekend left the windscreen splattered with kamikaze bugs. Which is where the disappointment comes in, a crack in the screen. I remember hearing a loud impact last weekend but hadn't noticed any damage. Not sure about this, repairable or a replacement needed? Tried to photo it but my crappy tablet just can't capture it but there's a tiny chip with a single crack about an inch in length just below and to the left of the rearview mirror (as you look from outside).

If the crack is that big I think you'll be looking at replacement - hopefully I'm wrong though.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4895 on: 08 July 2016, 18:49 »
Thanks Gnasher, I think you're right. I'm holidaying in Yorkshire the week after next so I'll approach my insurers after, just incase I have another motorway/windscreen incident!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4896 on: 08 July 2016, 19:05 »
Had the perfect commute today, as if the traffic lights were being turned green by my ACC, not a single red in 20 miles! Home 10 mins earlier than normal and 35.2mpg with the aircon on. The R needs a damn good wash though.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4897 on: 08 July 2016, 19:18 »

I would highly suspect a replacement given it's on the drivers side in your view and bigger than a £2 coin. Autoglass did mine last week (through insurance) and did a great job. Can't tell the difference apart from a Pilkington logo instead of a VW one in the bottom drivers side corner.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4898 on: 08 July 2016, 22:15 »
@davewillams000

Why have you denied this section pics of the fruits of your labour.  Don't hide it away in the Detailing Section!  This thread needs some TR colour.  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4899 on: 08 July 2016, 23:53 »
@davewillams000

Why have you denied this section pics of the fruits of your labour.  Don't hide it away in the Detailing Section!  This thread needs some TR colour.  :whistle:

As requested (sorry, mostly copied from my post in detailing section :rolleyes:)...

Its nice when things work out as planned. Was planning to give the car it's first proper (2 bucket) wash today since 1st June(! :shocked:), and the weather held out this morning. Dropped daughter off at childminder a bit earlier than ususal and then I had 2.5hrs before I needed to get ready for work.

Usual process followed:
  • Pressure washer rinse
  • VP advanced snow foam and pw rinse
  • wash wheels with VP bilberry wheel cleaner, big wheel woolie and wo-wo wheel mit and rinse with pw
  • 2 bucket wash with DDJ supernatural shampoo and wo-wo lambswool mit
  • pressure washer rinse
  • open hose rinse
  • towel dry with DDJ/wo-wo towels
  • exterior glass clean with AG fastglass and wo-wo glass cloth

Before - the red does hide dirt quite well but it was pretty bad by my standards:

After:

Thought I'd try a couple of different angles today for a change..

including 'the dutch angle' (as it's called in photography... or tilting the camera to you and me  :wink:)... yes I did pinch the idea from Rebecca's recent pics  :laugh:

2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000