Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739580 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #20 on: 17 September 2013, 15:50 »
Did a couple of small mods, today but I like them.

LED bulbs for the sun visor lights

AGE_0695 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

OEM VW Sill Trims.

AGE_0693 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_0694 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

LED Luggage compartment light (about 2-3 times brighter than the filament bulb supplied

AGE_0692 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Like I said, only small, but they do make a difference, and now all of the bulbs in the car are LED.

Gave the car a good snow foaming, after driving down a road in the rain that a bloody farmer had decided to come out of his field and deposit half it's contents all over the road. The car looked like I'd been rallying. Good news is that I now have over 250 miles on it, so it's coming up after a good drive today :grin:

AGE_0677 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_0680 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_0682 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_0683 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_0686 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

You know, you should never encourage a photographer to take photos, as I'll post loads otherwise  :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 17 September 2013, 15:54 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2013, 17:02 »
had exhaust fixed (see new arrivals)

and had diamond brite and scotchguard applied

did you spot the scirrocco peaking out the driveway in jealousy?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 17 September 2013, 17:07 »
what bulbs did you use norbreck for the visor and boot?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2013, 17:08 »
@norbreck love the led mods. Can I ask where you got the bulbs and how easy is it to do?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 17 September 2013, 18:05 »
Did a couple of small mods, today but I like them.

You know, you should never encourage a photographer to take photos, as I'll post loads otherwise  :laugh: :laugh:

Did you get your LEDs from Flux? Was thinking about getting some more (I left 4 in the Scirocco doh!). Maybe we can get a regional group buy set up - there's a few Tyne and Wear people here might be interested if they are significantly cheaper in bulk. How many did you use all in? Are there LED units in the number plate light units? Recent Sciroccos got them fitted (about £47 each to buy if I remember correctly).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 17 September 2013, 18:30 »
Hi guys, no I didn't get these from Flux (for those that don't know he's a chap from over on one of the Rocco forums, that's a supplier and guru for all things bulbs), these actually came via ebay.

2 off 39mm festoon type for the vanity lights and a longer 42mm festoon type for the boot. These were all on the Rocco but I recovered them before part exchanging. An absolute doddle to do as none of them are monitored by the CAN Bus so don't have to be CAN friendly units.

No need to do the numberplate lights as on the GTI/GTD models these are already LED from the factory  :smiley:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 17 September 2013, 18:38 »
Hi guys, no I didn't get these from Flux (for those that don't know he's a chap from over on one of the Rocco forums, that's a supplier and guru for all things bulbs), these actually came via ebay.

2 off 39mm festoon type for the vanity lights and a longer 42mm festoon type for the boot. These were all on the Rocco but I recovered them before part exchanging. An absolute doddle to do as none of them are monitored by the CAN Bus so don't have to be CAN friendly units.

No need to do the numberplate lights as on the GTI/GTD models these are already LED from the factory  :smiley:

Thanks mate. Do you have a link to the eBay supplier just to make sure I'm getting the right ones  :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 17 September 2013, 18:50 »
Jeez they're cheap. When I got these for my Roc, LED bulbs were just coming through and they were silly money.  Lots of places on ebay selling a pair of 39mm festoon 1W LED delivered from UK supply.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 17 September 2013, 19:05 »
LED Bulbs look good

Offline Andyduz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 17 September 2013, 19:40 »
Great mod Norbreck. Just ordered some  :smiley:
Delivered 21st Nov. GTD Pure White, Keyless, Winter Pack, Dynaudio, Tel Prep, High Beam Assist, Climate Screen, Discover Nav, Park Assist, Rearview Camera, Voice Activation