Author Topic: What type of plastic are the rubstrips made of ?  (Read 418 times)

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
As above really im not 100% happy with my diy us strip so ive decided to use another method which im starting on .... By taking one full standard strip cutting out the recess from my old one which obviously fits directly in the gap which will leave about 1-2 mm of filling to do. Now im planning on sticking the 2 bits together with jb weld as its stupidly strong stuff but it says on there website

"Q: Is there anything that J-B Weld WON'T bond to?

A: J-B Weld will not adhere to, or bond well to:

Any flexible rubber surface
Leather
Vinyl
Canvass
Polypropylene plastic
Polyethylene plastic"

Am i right in thinking our bumpers are made of abs not the 2 at the bottom of the list ?

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Re: What type of plastic are the rubstrips made of ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2012, 11:22 »
As above really im not 100% happy with my diy us strip so ive decided to use another method which im starting on .... By taking one full standard strip cutting out the recess from my old one which obviously fits directly in the gap which will leave about 1-2 mm of filling to do. Now im planning on sticking the 2 bits together with jb weld as its stupidly strong stuff but it says on there website

"Q: Is there anything that J-B Weld WON'T bond to?

A: J-B Weld will not adhere to, or bond well to:

Any flexible rubber surface
Leather
Vinyl
Canvass
Polypropylene plastic
Polyethylene plastic"

Am i right in thinking our bumpers are made of abs not the 2 at the bottom of the list ?

afaik yes abs