Author Topic: Non DCC 2019 GTI PP Vs Non DCC 2019 GTI TCR  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: Non DCC 2019 GTI PP Vs Non DCC 2019 GTI TCR
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2024, 08:49 »
The TCR will drive better on Belvedere wheels as they are so much lighter than any 18 or 19 inch wheel VW have supplied, at least in my decade of VW ownership. They weigh around 4 to 5 KGs less (per wheel) than other TCR wheels mentioned, which is noticeable. The weight will influence the ride and handling too.

Answering your first question, the Belvedere supplied on the Clubsport ED40 and the TCR are the same model - there is no difference.

One additional point, the Belvederes are highly sought after and you’ll have no problem selling a pair of low mileage wheels, at a very good price.

My experience of DCC is limited. I personally feel it’s overrated but DCC opinions are very subjective. Good luck with your decision!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2024, 09:56 »
Answering your first question, the Belvedere supplied on the Clubsport ED40 and the TCR are the same model - there is no difference.

One additional point, the Belvederes are highly sought after and you’ll have no problem selling a pair of low mileage wheels, at a very good price.

Cheers for that info, though they looked the same, will likely sell them unless I go for the higher mileage car as don't want to store them for track usage that will in all honesty likely never happen.

Do you happen to know if the 20mm drop was across the board on all models, TCR Performance Pack or not?
2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 17 February 2024, 10:52 »
Different wheels will only change the ride if there are significant weight differences between them, I know OEM Pretoria's are a reasonably light weight wheel but not sure about Reifnitz.

I think I'd be looking to get someone with the best spec available to help the residuals. I know sometimes a 6k mile car can be appealing but if I was 6k with no options or 25k with plenty of options I'd choose the latter.

Bear in mind the 6k Belvederes will likely be on original Bridgestones so will have a very hard ride. Those tyres are awful unless very warm.

Personally I’d be buying purely on condition. The 25k car might have paint chips or repainted panels etc, and so might the 6k car, so either way I’d go on overall condition.

Do you happen to know if the 20mm drop was across the board on all models, TCR Performance Pack or not?

The 15mm drop is compared to a non performance Golf. It’s a misleading thing on the advertising blurb.
The 20mm is an extra 5mm lower on the DCC cars bringing them to the same ride height as a Golf R.
The DCC pack cars also have negative camber hubs similar to CSS and mk8 Clubsport.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 17 February 2024, 13:43 »
Cheers Exonian for the extra info, thought they looked similar anyway around the wheels, appreciate the clarification.

Just got back from seeing one in Oldham at A1 Ortos, on the off chance anyone is interested in it, forget it unless you want a cracked sunroof surround, shabby interior with pock marks on the seat bolsters and scratches on the center console and most wheels needed a refurb! Said they'd sort all those items when raised but 25k on the clock and wanting £28K+; not a chance; expect that's why it's been there nearly a month now whilst I've been looking.

Got taken for a little spin in it, no knocks or anything but on the one occasion it was pushed hard there was a loud whoosh of air from the bonnet I didn't get the other day when I drove the nearly new one. Might be nothing but was out of place when flooring it to 50mph. Didn't drive it myself as after seeing the condition and the fact they'd want £2k paying if anything happened on the test drive before I could leave the premises I declined and said they could drive me!

Tried all the settings though and found DCC on or off negligable at best on all settings so think I'm comfortable with passing on DCC now.

Good point re the Belvedere's tyre choice, Bridgestone's are harsh and noisy and would make a difference, forgot about that. I'll be happy enough adding some 19's, either Reifnitz or Pretoria's to make it like a standard car's options, the rest is all good!

This will likely be my long term (5yr+) car so I want it to be spot on now and if I can add bits aftermarket then that's fine, the one thing that would be difficult would have been DCC which I feel I just don't need now.
2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 17 February 2024, 19:27 »
Got taken for a little spin in it, no knocks or anything but on the one occasion it was pushed hard there was a loud whoosh of air from the bonnet I didn't get the other day when I drove the nearly new one. Might be nothing but was out of place when flooring it to 50mph.
I would imagine it's got some kind of aftermarket air filter for this, nothing to be concerned about but sounds like it's a non-starter anyway.

Are there any at a used approved garage near you? Might be worth a look there for the 2 years warranty and servicing etc.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2024, 19:47 »
Are there any at a used approved garage near you? Might be worth a look there for the 2 years warranty and servicing etc.

Near no, but I was in York on Thursday and drove one with 5k ish on the clock, only upgrade was the 90% tint but it was immaculate. No DCC hence all these questions but drove brilliantly even on the crap tyres. Figure larger wheels (Reifnitz or Prettoria) with better tyres won't be any worse. Didn't want the Agro exhaust anyway and any other upgrades would be internal that I could add later retro fitting (kinda keen on upgraded larger head unit and dynaudio or similar though may just go with the Helix option; going to research that though.

They had systems issues so have yet to sign the paperwork but its mine to turn down, have a deposit on it currently and after seeing such a poor condition one today with mileage but some extra's I've pretty much made my mind up. It'll be like having a new car....

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 17 February 2024, 20:24 »

Near no, but I was in York on Thursday and drove one with 5k ish on the clock, only upgrade was the 90% tint but it was immaculate. No DCC hence all these questions but drove brilliantly even on the crap tyres. Figure larger wheels (Reifnitz or Prettoria) with better tyres won't be any worse. Didn't want the Agro exhaust anyway and any other upgrades would be internal that I could add later retro fitting (kinda keen on upgraded larger head unit and dynaudio or similar though may just go with the Helix option; going to research that though.

They had systems issues so have yet to sign the paperwork but its mine to turn down, have a deposit on it currently and after seeing such a poor condition one today with mileage but some extra's I've pretty much made my mind up. It'll be like having a new car....

All makes sense, I think the brilliance of these cars is that even without options they're already so well equipped anyway. I don't actually think the Akkra exhaust was really any louder than the standard option, in fact I think many preferred the standard one but again that's subjective.

A few years ago I drove a non-performance pack TCR with Belvedere's and when I think about it now it drives very similarly to my current 7.5 PP. Sure there are some differences but for general day to day use I doubt you'd notice much difference outside the visual elements.

If options are something really important to you and you can't find a TCR that fits the bill there's always the option of a DSG 7.5 PP with some good specs?
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 17 February 2024, 21:01 »

All makes sense, I think the brilliance of these cars is that even without options they're already so well equipped anyway. I don't actually think the Akkra exhaust was really any louder than the standard option, in fact I think many preferred the standard one but again that's subjective.

A few years ago I drove a non-performance pack TCR with Belvedere's and when I think about it now it drives very similarly to my current 7.5 PP. Sure there are some differences but for general day to day use I doubt you'd notice much difference outside the visual elements.

If options are something really important to you and you can't find a TCR that fits the bill there's always the option of a DSG 7.5 PP with some good specs?

What I like about my TCR is the power delivery. The torque comes in a touch later than an IS20 turbo car which helps with traction but where the standard car runs out of puff the TCR keeps on giving, very exciting. I don't drive my car hard that often but it really delivers when I do.

pixelcellar - also to note with akra equipped cars is that they are very likely to fall under the luxury VED albeit given their age it might only affect cost for a year or two. I like the sound of mine, it has a nice deep burble to it, loud but not excessive.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 February 2024, 17:34 »
pixelcellar, If you do go with this TCR, I would appreciate a heads up if you are selling the 18" Quaranta wheels, i am looking for a set and would happily pay the going rate.

Joking aside, if they come fitted with Bridgestones, that is a harder sell, if you have ever run a mk7 fitted with them! :)

Cheers.

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 18 February 2024, 18:48 »
pixelcellar, If you do go with this TCR, I would appreciate a heads up if you are selling the 18" Quaranta wheels, i am looking for a set and would happily pay the going rate.

Pretty sure they are the original tyres still with it being only 5k mileage, agree they aren't the best, especially with road noise but didn't in all honesty sound too bad. I'd defo be getting some Reifnitz or Pretoria's with 19" PS4's on..

Whats the going rate, was surprised they were so popular, obviously these are mint condition wise....