Author Topic: Headlight self leveling  (Read 683 times)

Offline Ibdrew

• Not said much yet
Headlight self leveling
« on: 08 April 2024, 13:00 »
Looking for help advice,
I’ve recently had to replace my nearside headlight and motors that control the self levelling after a run in with a pheasant,
Since replacement, when driving at night on a perfectly flat road the headlight beam is fluctuating up and down, sometimes the beam hardly lights up the road ahead as it’s so close to the front of the car,also when pulling up behind traffic at a junction I can headlight beam reflection drop  against the car in front.
The garage that replaced the headlight says that both headlight are within mot standards when at a stand, my issue is when driving, my question are they missing something? Is there a sensor somewhere that controls the self levelling, I had no issue before headlight replaced .
Any advice help would be much appreciated.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Headlight self leveling
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2024, 13:20 »
The headlights may just need setting up correctly to "learn" their position, which means either VCDS or OBDeleven would be needed to enter the headlight basic settings before making the necessary adjustments.

Either that or you may have a problem with the level sensors.

If its just the replaced headlamp dancing about i would think its just a the basic setting that needs to be done.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Ibdrew

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2024, 19:17 »
Thanks for the reply mad staff,
it's both headlights dancing about,

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2024, 20:46 »
I would look at the level sensors first then just to make sure they're all ok.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.